PDA

View Full Version : My pics of my 2008 FireCat

bfisher
12-28-2009, 10:38 AM
OK fellows. This is my first ever attempt at posting photos. I have a couple more to go yet. Details are hard to see. This my updated FireCat with new limbs, cams, Roto cups, and strings. Let's see what I have.

It is hard to see how the cable spirals around the inner part of the cam. If you look it does angle just slightly. Also take notice of the module changes and the arrow laid along the cam and how it parallels the string pretty nicely.

bfisher
12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
OK, a couple more. One showing the new Roto cup design and the second showing what all is on my string, a tied-on nock set and a G5 peep.

Now that I have some idea of what I'm doing I'll try to get more detailed pics of the spiral effect where the cable wraps around the cam.

bfisher
12-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Now that I've learned how to post pics you guys are going to be in trouble, that is, if I remember by tomorrow. And as usual, any and all helpful comments are welcome.

bfisher
12-28-2009, 11:04 AM
OK, here's a slightly better view of how the cable spirals around the inner part of the upper cam. Notice how the cable angles from left to right. Natural light is better than flash.

Spiker
12-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Now that I've learned how to post pics you guys are going to be in trouble, that is, if I remember by tomorrow. And as usual, any and all helpful comments are welcome.

Now that you can post pics - you are going to a busy guy here. :)

bfisher
12-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey Spiker, you asked about the helical cable. I guess you can mae it out in the last pic. It isn't much of a helical, but from what I can see it works.

Busy? Me? Nah, I have four other archery sites I visit and four scuba diving sites. Two underwater video sites also. And I do remember some time back there was one gentleman on here asked me to post up some scuba pics. I'll have to go through them. Only have a couple thousand or so to leaf through. Might even edit a short underwater video. Nothing long, just something to show there's a different world out there. When I'll get time is anybody's guess. Might even change my avatar.

ezbite
12-28-2009, 12:10 PM
ok, mine do the spiral, now whats it mean:confused:

bfisher
12-28-2009, 01:57 PM
ok, mine do the spiral, now whats it mean:confused:

Well, I could be nasty and say "Post a pic", but I won't. I will, however, ask you to. But just on a hunch I'd say your bow has 2010 cams. Do they say C.A.T.2 on the side? If so then they are 2010.

Spiker
12-28-2009, 03:09 PM
I posted a few pics (not as good as yours) on your 'review' thread and by comparing the two I have to say that my bow has the '10 cams with the old modules... Hmmmm... ...
Are your new mods .245" wide?

Do you spearfish too or just film?

p.s. When I ran your numbers for spine I got .571-.580.

madlaz
12-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Bary now all you have to do is build you an underwater firecat bow and film some underwater hunting would be interesting.

bfisher
12-28-2009, 04:29 PM
I posted a few pics (not as good as yours) on your 'review' thread and by comparing the two I have to say that my bow has the '10 cams with the old modules... Hmmmm... ...
Are your new mods .245" wide?

Do you spearfish too or just film?

p.s. When I ran your numbers for spine I got .571-.580.

Just got out the dial calipers. My mods mike at .220". If you noticed the edge where the cable would rub on your mods is actually machined in a nice radius.

And FYI I had some blurry pictures. Found the camera will only focus so close. Try backing off a little next time. I also found that some good sunlight worked better than using the flash. Last pic was in sunlight.

No spearfishing for me. Did that 40 years ago. Now it's all recreational diving. The motto being, "Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing behind but bubbles". Reef systems are a very fragile ecosystem and very important to the overall well being of our oceans---where most of our seafood comes from.

Thanks for the spine numbers. They're a little stiffer than I thought. I'm tossing around the idea of getting some GT Entrada 600's and playing with lighter points or dropping the bow weight a tad.