PDA

View Full Version : Bullet X info needed please

TopGunnr
12-28-2009, 09:07 PM
I have a set of 1 H, 13" limbs and Nitrous C cams does anybody know what draw weight that would give me?

RogerSr
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM
It's going to be low, maybe 40#

TopGunnr
12-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Craps, lookin to get around 50 to 60 max. Ideally a max 55# limbs. That's what I have on my current bullet X they're 3 M, isn't there another equivalent to that? I'm trying to set up a second one with the same, or as close to the same specs as possible.

Thanks

Spiker
12-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Craps, lookin to get around 50 to 60 max. Ideally a max 55# limbs. That's what I have on my current bullet X they're 3 M, isn't there another equivalent to that? I'm trying to set up a second one with the same, or as close to the same specs as possible.

Thanks

You'll need 3M or 4L limbs then.

C Bailey
12-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Actually, I am trying to set up a bullet myself and I was told that 1H limbs with C cams will yield 55. Another guy told me that his 6h will yield 80. That matches up with the 5lb/# concept for the Martin/Rytera limbs, i.e. 1H=55, 2H=60, 3H=65, 4H=70, 5H=75, 6H=80. THese poundages actually match for the bullet with vipro cams as well. My Dad's vipro bullet is a 45-60 with 2h limbs.

I'm not sure what you mean by trying to duplicate a bow with 3M limbs. What poundage does that bow max at? What cams and what is the axle to axle length?

TopGunnr
12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by trying to duplicate a bow with 3M limbs. What poundage does that bow max at? What cams and what is the axle to axle length?

Current bow I'm trying to match is;

limb deflection, 3M
Nitrous C cam
55#
ata 33 3/4
bh 7

C Bailey
12-29-2009, 04:41 PM
That seems odd. Your ATA is about an inch shorter than stock, according to the promo flier I have for the Bullet, but you are getting about 8 pounds low. That is counter-intuitive. Your tag line lists a Bullet x with 65 pounds. What limbs does that bow have?

I hope someone else speaks up who can actually state their measurements. I'm putting together the same bow, in left handed, and am trying to make a decision on limbs. I was going on the 1H = 55lb designation.

Current bow I'm trying to match is;

limb deflection, 3M
Nitrous C cam
55#
ata 33 3/4
bh 7

TopGunnr
12-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, the tag on the bow reads 65# but it has never come close. Maxed out it only reaches 58# I always assumed the tag was wrong but maybe the limb's are marked with the wrong deflection number? I've always been ok with the draw weight being less, so that's what I was going with.

TopGunnr
12-30-2009, 10:35 AM
More input would be great. Where's all the Martin techs at? JoelC??

copterdoc
01-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Yeah, the tag on the bow reads 65# but it has never come close. Maxed out it only reaches 58# I always assumed the tag was wrong but maybe the limb's are marked with the wrong deflection number? I've always been ok with the draw weight being less, so that's what I was going with.
I am guessing that your cams are way too advanced at brace.

That would also explain why you have your modules set at 2.5 and only have a 28" DL. The correct module setting for 28" is 1.5.

Your BH should be at least 7.25". I am guessing it is right at 7" and your damping lobes are not touching the string all the way to the end.

Your ATA is correct for the Nitrous cams.

copterdoc
01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
This is what I know to be true, when setting up Bullet-X bows with Nitrous cams.

A 54" string and 35" cables, will give you a 33.5 ATA and a 7.25" BH with C base cams. That will give you a modular draw length range of about 27" to 30" with standard modules. You can adjust it about 0.5" either way by advancing or retarding the cams, but that will effect your max draw weight by at least 5# as well.

The limb deflection to draw weight at those specs, will be approximately: 1H/2L = 55#, 2H/3L = 60#, 3H/4L = 65# and 4H/5L = 70#.

Switching from C base Nitrous, to the Vipro cam without changing limbs, will give you a max draw weight 5# less than it was with the Nitrous cams.

copterdoc
01-04-2010, 01:43 PM
...Switching from C base Nitrous, to the Vipro cam without changing limbs, will give you a max draw weight 5# less than it was with the Nitrous cams.
Actually, I shouldn't have said that.

Depending on the string and cable lengths the DW could increase, decrease, or stay the same.

I haven't played with the Vipro cam enough to know what ATA, BH and string and cable length, will give the correct DW and DL for the module that is installed.

copterdoc
01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I just checked my notes from two years ago. I had one Bullet-X with Vipro cams, that maxed out at 72# with 6H limbs.

The string length was 92" and the cable was 35.5". I have Nitrous cams on it now, so I can't check the DL, to see if it is correct.

So, I still think that the Vipro cam will usually pull 5# less than a set of Nitrous C cams on the same set of limbs.