PDA

View Full Version : Brace height

FireHawk Owner
12-28-2009, 09:28 PM
how do i figure out my brace hieght,it is suppose to be 7 inches were to were do i measure,also is it true the lower u go with brace height the fast your bow will shot.Thanks in advance for the info.

Spiker
12-28-2009, 09:35 PM
BH is measured from the deepest point of the grip to the string.

bfisher
12-29-2009, 05:07 AM
The second part ofthe answer is "YES". Assuming the same draw length the shorter the brace height the faster a bow should shoot.

FireHawk Owner
12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
The second part ofthe answer is "YES". Assuming the same draw length the shorter the brace height the faster a bow should shoot. so if i took a couple twist out of my tension cables,that should make my brace height shorter,so i will be a little fast or is it vs verse ?

RogerSr
12-29-2009, 09:39 AM
so if i took a couple twist out of my tension cables,that should make my brace height shorter,so i will be a little fast or is it vs verse ?

If you take a couple twist out of you cables, it will take some of the preload out of your limbs and make it slower, not faster.

FireHawk Owner
12-29-2009, 09:44 AM
If you take a couple twist out of you cables, it will take some of the preload out of your limbs and make it slower, not faster.Ok ,then if my firehawk is factory 7'' what is the lowest BH i can go before i put to much load on limbs

RogerSr
12-29-2009, 10:14 AM
That is not the way it works,you can't just change the BH like that,it would take shorter limbs or smaller cams, to change the BH on that riser, you can put a twist or two in your cables to preload the limbs a little more, and that will up your draw weight, but that will make your BH longer, but it will be faster.

FireHawk Owner
12-29-2009, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=RogerSr;22281]That is not the way it works,you can't just change the BH like that,it would take shorter limbs or smaller cams, to change the BH on that riser, you can put a twist or two in your cables to preload the limbs a little more, and that will up your draw weight, but that will make your BH longer, but it will be faster.[/QUOTE i understand now,thank u for the infomation:D