PDA

View Full Version : 08 slayer ?

mudnation 1
12-30-2009, 05:44 AM
I have been on several forums searching info on The slayer and I keep finding complaints about the limbs cracking on the Cat cam versions I havent even tied in a peep sight on this bow yet. I feel a little nervous about this bow because of this issue. I bought this bow unused and at an awsome price but I dont want to put money into it if there is an issue. Any reassurance would be helpful. Thanks

GRIP-N-RIP
12-30-2009, 06:33 AM
I have not had one problem with mine. 4- 5000 shots the only issue was a new string!

davydtune
01-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Most of the problem was when the CATs are set for optimum speed. When this happens the limbs are preloaded a lot causing the bows max to be 10 even 15 lbs more than what the limbs are rated for. Basically someone with a 60# bow would get 70 75 lbs when the limbs where cranked all the way. Their quick fix was to put shims behind the limbs to limit the amount they could be cranked down. If you keep your poundage at no more than the max you'll be fine.

mudnation 1
01-06-2010, 04:17 AM
Thank you after researching it further I believe you are right and thank you for your help. I feel a little better now.