PDA

View Full Version : String lenght Questiom

DB_43725
12-31-2009, 08:35 AM
I need about a half inch of draw length,, If I have the string made one half inch longer will that work ? I understand a longer string will increase poundage,but I can turn it down with limb bolts so thats not an issue. And string loops dont get the kisser button back any farther,so will this work ?

Jake-the-snake
12-31-2009, 09:29 AM
what kind of bow do you have? if its the cat cams, just move the module up one number higher, if its the m-pro put on the next highest draw module, and move or adjust your draw stop as need be:D

Spiker
12-31-2009, 09:54 AM
what kind of bow do you have? if its the cat cams, just move the module up one number higher, if its the m-pro put on the next highest draw module, and move or adjust your draw stop as need be:D

I think DB has a Warthog so - yeah - just move both modules up one number.

DB_43725
12-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Its already maxed out at 31 inches,sorry should have listed all info

golfisserious
12-31-2009, 12:17 PM
a good pro shop can tie you in a loop that can account for a half inch if its more than that... you will be inconsistent...if you go to a half inch loop, be sure to re paper tune the bow and make sure you get it right... a quality pro shop will have a staff shooter on staff, that can double check it...not everyone is capable of paper tuning... only a quality and consistent shooter can do it... if your 30 yard groups are bigger than the bottom of a beer can, have the staff shooter paper tune it for you...then you can adjust your sights from there... be sure to shoot it, if your peep is on the edge it may change your line of sight.

good luck a 32 inch quality shooting bow is hard to find, you will lose a ton of speed and you are going to under-rotate the cam even more speed, and relax the limbs, even more speed if you lengthen that string...

I you are at your limit, order an extra module, build it up with ten ton epoxy or equivalent and then sand the groove back in it...

I personally have just learned to shoot a 31-29 inch bow over the years, usually add what I can and still shoot consistent with the d-loop

Spiker
12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
:rolleyes: