PDA

View Full Version : Scepter II Conversion

RogerSr
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I have been getting all the parts together to have this thing up and running, I found that the washers that the limb bolts got through are cracked, and called Joel at Martin he is sending new bolts and washers, that is why I've been shooting Martins since the 1960s,
All I need is the strings and cables, and they are being made, it should look good, but will it shoot good?

Spiker
01-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I built almost the same bow just awhile back. I used an Ultimate Beast (Pantera) riser and 'B' cams. It shoots great altho the X cables are kinda noisy and it's not quite as fast as I was anticipating however I havent had the time to get it all dialed in yet.

RogerSr
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
I built almost the same bow just awhile back. I used an Ultimate Beast (Pantera) riser and 'B' cams. It shoots great altho the X cables are kinda noisy and it's not quite as fast as I was anticipating however I havent had the time to get it all dialed in yet.

Yea they can be noisy you have to get them tight, but this is not a hunting bow, I may put a Toxonics 1550 sight on it, with a limbdriver rest, that I have lying around, but I think I'm going to shoot it with just a rest for a time, I have not shot instinctive for some time, I have so many bows I really don't need this for anything, but I like to tinker.

scepterman30x
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
I have been getting all the parts together to have this thing up and running, I found that the washers that the limb bolts got through are cracked, and called Joel at Martin he is sending new bolts and washers, that is why I've been shooting Martins since the 1960s,
All I need is the strings and cables, and they are being made, it should look good, but will it shoot good?966

Brother its a Scepter...what do you think?:D

RogerSr
01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
that's right on!

copterdoc
01-08-2010, 08:39 AM
That thing is gonna have a super long DL.

I think the A cams can reach 31" with Elite limbs on a Scept II.

RogerSr
01-08-2010, 09:06 AM
That thing is gonna have a super long DL.

I think the A cams can reach 31" with Elite limbs on a Scept II.

Yea,
That's why I've got mini mod's on it now, and my youngest son is 6'6" and has arms like a ape will end up with it one day.

PS. Ryan, I know you have seen these cam's before.

copterdoc
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
....PS. Ryan, I know you have seen these cam's before.
I could have sold you the whole bow, minus the string. But the riser I have, is matte silver.

Robert58
01-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Mine shoots great. A Cam draw lenght with reg. mods is 27-30.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/Robert58/100_0162.jpg

RogerSr
01-08-2010, 06:04 PM
I have both A and B cams, that are not on any bow, so I had my choice and went with the Bs, one reason is the limbs I have to work with,I want to keep draw weight down, and the Bs will give me more speed over the A cams, the only limbs I have that are not on bows are 4H or 5L anyway this should come about #50 with the 4H limbs.

brushrat
01-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Mine shoots great. A Cam draw lenght with reg. mods is 27-30.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d130/Robert58/100_0162.jpg

sweet lookin bow! :)

Robert58
01-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I have 6L limbs on my bow and it max's out about 58 to 60 lbs. with the A Cams.

Robert

RogerSr
01-08-2010, 07:17 PM
My P3 has 6L limbs with A cams on it and it 's Max is #53, but I have the ATA 2" longer then spec. longer String & cables to make it that way.

brushrat
01-08-2010, 07:26 PM
My P3 has 6L limbs with A cams on it and it 's Max is #53, but I have the ATA 2" longer then spec. longer String & cables to make it that way.

I'll take one with 27.5" draw length.........just kidding. Nice bow though.:)

looking at your picture ....it looks like someone else besides me has a squirrel problem:D

RogerSr
01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I sure do! man if I don't trap them year around the damn Squirrels overrun the place, and thanks for the kind words.

brushrat
01-09-2010, 11:19 AM
I sure do! man if I don't trap them year around the damn Squirrels overrun the place, and thanks for the kind words.

i know EXACTLY what you are saying! They can be hard to trap too, till i found out how they were always able to steal my bait. They would hang either upside down or on the side of the trap ,steal the bait then leave and wait for the next free meal.

By super -tuning the tripper and using peanut butter fixed their little wagons!:D:D

RogerSr
01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
i know EXACTLY what you are saying! They can be hard to trap too, till i found out how they were always able to steal my bait. They would hang either upside down or on the side of the trap ,steal the bait then leave and wait for the next free meal.

By super -tuning the tripper and using peanut butter fixed their little wagons!:D:D

Yea I use fishing line tyed to the inside of the trap to keep them from getting the bait from the sides or top so they can only get to it from the bottom, and that way they trip the tripper, I also use peanut butter, works great!

SandSquid
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
All I need is the strings and cables, and they are being made,

You think something like these will work for you?

SandSquid
01-11-2010, 12:31 PM

I just pulled the 5H Camo Elite limbs off of my P3 and put them on my new/used Scepter4 Riser with some Nitrous A cams and X Mods... Man is it s shooter!

Now that Rogers strings are done I can make up some nice ones for this bow.
I'm thinking 450+ for the cables and 8125 for the shoot string.

(I'll have a Camo P3 riser for sale in a few weeks ;-)

RogerSr
01-11-2010, 01:14 PM
I just pulled the 5H Camo Elite limbs off of my P3 and put them on my new/used Scepter4 Riser with some Nitrous A cams and X Mods... Man is it s shooter!

Now that Rogers strings are done I can make up some nice ones for this bow.
I'm thinking 450+ for the cables and 8125 for the shoot string.

(I'll have a Camo P3 riser for sale in a few weeks ;-)

Hey John,
Nice looking bow, I know you have a draw weight limit of #45, so how much longer are you going to make the strings and cables?
on my P3 I made them 2" longer, my limbs gave me #63 max at specs.
after I put longer string and cables on the Max is now #53,
and John thank you for the string and cables can't wait to get them.