PDA

View Full Version : Removing decals

RogerSr
01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
What is the best way to remove the decals from limbs, I've used acetone before for this but would like to find another way.

Montalaar
01-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Why not use Aceton? I removed the Decal on one of my limbs per accident while cleaning it with Aceton. No problem so far?

bigbob
01-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Dont know if you can get it over there, but a great item for removing decals, windshield stickers, etc is eucalyptus oil. Comes in a small bottle and is a porduct derived from one of our native trees.

RogerSr
01-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Dont know if you can get it over there, but a great item for removing decals, windshield stickers, etc is eucalyptus oil. Comes in a small bottle and is a porduct derived from one of our native trees.

Yes my wife says we can get it here, we have a lot of eucalyptus trees here in this part of California, thanks for the help.

kbaird83
01-10-2010, 04:08 PM
another great product that i use quite often is Goo gone. i have removed stickers/decals from plastic, metal, glass and even wood with this product and have had no adverse effects. just saturate a paper towel in it and hold it over what you want to remove. hold it on it for 5 mins or so to let it completely soak into it then with another towel rub the decal until it and the adheasive is gone. may require some slight peeling or scraping i use a utility blage knife and hold it at as close of an angle as possible to the item you are removing it from. i have used this method on vehicle glass and dirtbike plastics with out a scratch.