PDA

View Full Version : warthog problem

Oregonhunter78
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
My new warthog started doing this tonight. I hope these pics turn out. The serving on my cable, on the bottom cam is almost all the way off. Does anybody no how to fix this problem?

Oregonhunter78
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Wow, i didnt mean to make the pic that big. Sorry.

Oregonhunter78
01-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Im wondering if the diameter of my serving on these custom strings are to thick?

baerman
01-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Oregon Hunter 78,
I just checked my new Wart Hog and don't see the same thing happening. I believe that some of the cams had modules that needed to be thinned out a bit.....they were hitting the cable and wearing the serving off. Perhaps that's the case here. If so, a new, served, cable and new modules should be the fix. I'm no bow mechanic, though....as Mr. Fischer can attest to. Good luck Oregon....I'll be watching for your resolution.
Take care, brother!
________
AR80 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_AR80)

michaelg
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
some of the mods needed to changed. call the factory and let them know whats going on. they will make it right.

Spiker
01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
You should check your cam rotation / draw stop position too. If the bow can be drawn to the point that the cables run off the end of the module - this can cause the serving wear. The modules need to be set a little over your draw length and then the stop set so that the cables dont contact the end of the module.

Oregonhunter78
01-13-2010, 07:26 PM
I received my new mods today. They are kind of a charcoal color and alot thinner than my old ones. I hope they take care of the problem. Thanks for everyones help. I will keep you posted.

baerman
01-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Good Morning Oregon Hunter,
Please post and let us know how this worked for you. Hoping that this works for you, but now I'm concerned that I have the wrong modules too. Bad having to fix new bows....I wonder if they actually shoot these things before releasing them to market.
________
easy vape review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)

bfisher
01-14-2010, 05:02 AM
I received my new mods today. They are kind of a charcoal color and alot thinner than my old ones. I hope they take care of the problem. Thanks for everyones help. I will keep you posted.

You now have the new 2010 modules. Notice how the track is more of a groove instead of a shelf. The color tells me it's 2010, same as I got with my new cams. Also take notice that all the edges are rounded, especially the edgewhere the cable might rub. They ought to work just fine.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-14-2010, 07:12 AM
I had the same problem with my Jaguar module. There was a sharp edge on the module, and by the time we figured that out, my cable had to be reserved THREE TIMES!:eek:

Oregonhunter78
01-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Please post and let us know how this worked for you. Hoping that this works for you, but now I'm concerned that I have the wrong modules too. Bad having to fix new bows....I wonder if they actually shoot these things before releasing them to market.

Good morning guys, everything seems great now. Like bfisher said, these are the 2010 mods and they are alot nicer. Every sharp edge is rounded off. I also took spikers advice and set my draw length longer and adjusted from the draw stop. This made the draw cycle feel alot better to me. It kind of took care of that big hump at the end of the draw. I also added a set of new proline strings and cable, with about 100 shots now, no sighn of excessive wear. Im very happy now. Got to love Martins customer service!!

Spiker
01-14-2010, 11:39 AM
I have Prolines on mine with over 5000 shots and no issues at all.

Oregonhunter78
01-14-2010, 06:53 PM
I have Prolines on mine with over 5000 shots and no issues at all.

Gotta love those proline strings. I have bought them for my last three bows. They have been wonderful.

baerman
01-15-2010, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the update......that's terrific, glad you're on your way now! I'll keep an eye on my servings too.....I believe that I've got the latest CAT2 cams, but you never know. Anyway, God's speed with that new bow....hope it's the best you ever owned!
Baerman
________
Honda CL175 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CL175)