PDA

View Full Version : Another string length

Cesar
01-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Just got a used Martin Linx Magnum with no string..........has 27 inch arrows, quiver, arrow rest, sight with level, and the cams have the same shape top and bottom.

The question is what length of string should I get for this bow?

RogerSr
01-12-2010, 03:30 PM
This is a very old bow,some were before 2000, all the ones I have seen have steel cables and you can not use the modern strings with that bow,
as for string length you will have to wait for some else to answer that.

Cesar
01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Thanks, the cables seem in good shape, I will wait and see if someone had or has one and has a chance to grab a measuring tape.

Cesar
01-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Roger Sr:

Have not been around with bows lately, what is the difference of bows from the last century compared to the ones been built this century? Besides that the string goes all the way around instead of cables in a few models. Is that for security reasons (Cable or string snapping and hitting wrists?) I appreciate your comment.

RogerSr
01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Roger Sr:

Have not been around with bows lately, what is the difference of bows from the last century compared to the ones been built this century? Besides that the string goes all the way around instead of cables in a few models. Is that for security reasons (Cable or string snapping and hitting wrists?) I appreciate your comment.

Bows from last century were Just long bow and recurves, compound bow did not come out tell about 1968, what do you mean by the string goes all the way around? you can't compare compound bows to any thing from the last century.

scepterman30x
01-14-2010, 04:40 AM
I think he means the 20th century. Technically it was the "last century". This century started in the year 2000.

RogerSr
01-14-2010, 02:51 PM
I think your right, I'm lost in time, I've shot a lot of bows that were made in the 80s and 90s, but there has been a lot of changes in the last few years, for one thing bows are a lot faster and for the mast part shorter ATA, I like bows with longer ATAs all but two of my Martin bows have Elite limbs, all all of them are shoot throughs, I only have one bow that is not a shoot through, and that is not a Martin, I will not shoot a bow with cam lean, The only bow I have that is not a shoot through is a Bowtech Guardian, and it has center trac technology with binary cams, with this I also have no cam lean, it is my shortest bow with a ATA of 33 3/4",

Cesar
01-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks Scepterman:

Sorry for not explaining myself completely:

I used to have a Bear Hunter ( Back in the 70's ) 30 in. and 60 lbs. and had round Cams or pulleys, That was a good bow while it lasted, then came the bows with cams (CNC's machined cams) instead of just round pulleys, then came different shape of cams for the top and the bottom. But still it was a cable that move through those cams (Even if top and bottom were the same shape or not) and had same type of ears or rings to hold the string. Now you can see that the string wraps around to the cam in some models.