PDA

View Full Version : Which compound to buy

txED
01-14-2010, 05:35 AM
I am currently using a jaguar recurve 40# but would like to switch to a compound bow.

I have a LH (Yes I know the Recurve is right handed) 30 inch draw I will not be hunting with it just putching holes in some form of targer or other. I do not want a real heavy draw weight (got some arthritis)

alex
01-15-2010, 06:42 AM
You can choose from many :) If you want Martin i'd say take the Firecat (1 or 2 if you want a 2010 model).

Noxxio
01-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Like you i started out on a recurve (30 lb) but been intrigued by compounds for a while.

I just picked up my first compound which is a Martin Bonehunter (Same as Cheetah but called Bonehunter if you buy it at Dicks sporting goods)

Only place that had lefthanded bows in stock.

The bow comes stock at 60 lb but mine is adjusted down to approx 47 lb.(measured in the shop) and a draw length of 24" (Yes i am a short and left handed person :) )

I love that you can adjust the draw weight from 45 lb to 60 lb with a few twists on the limb bolts.

It is still a little on the heavy side drawing but i am getting much better already after a few days of using it :)

On my recurve i have a lot of problems with hand fatique from vibrations even after a few shoots.

This compound is like night and day, though i am still getting used to shooting with a release (on recurve i am shooting of shelf with finger release and nothing else)

The compound pulls easy and i can hardly feel it when i release the arrow.

I look forward getting into field archery and 3d target shooting with this bow.

Hope it helps

Noxx

txED
01-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Noxx,

thanks for the info I will look into the Cheetah sounds like a good choice.

jonico
10-18-2010, 03:22 AM
nice suggestion . . . Firecat is the best just go for it . no worries .

warwizzard
10-19-2010, 07:12 AM
best thing to do is look at thier catalog and see what weights are available and find one that best suits you, price wise draw weight and anyother features you might be interested in.

Harrison
10-19-2010, 11:42 PM
choose from catalog and see what best suits you in your budget . firecat is really a good suggestion but not the best .

FireHawk Owner
10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Whats size bow do you want . Axle to axle. That will be a big factor.