PDA

View Full Version : 1st timer

babymaker
01-15-2010, 05:06 PM
I am thinking about my first bow purchase and noticed the Jaguar is cheaply priced and seems to get pretty good reviews. I don't know a whole lot about bows and have shot a compound a couple of times and liked it a lot. Thought I would stick with traditional especially for the price and simplicity. What type arrows do I need for target or hunting? How often do you have to replace the string and is this something I can do myself? How does the Jaguar speed compare to compounds and can I actually kill a deer with this bow if I hit my target? I figured for 130.00 or so I can't go wrong but just need a little guidance. thanks a lot.

alex
01-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Welcome to the forum! The type of the arrows depends on the draw weight of the bow. Replacing of the string depends on how much you shoot, but i'd say 2 years of intense use...You can easily change the string, just must remember that the bigger loop goes to the upper limb. The speed would be about half the speed of a modern compound, but i'm not absolutely sure about this - it may be more. You can kill a deer, but your draw weight must be at least 45# i think. :)