PDA

View Full Version : Drop away problems, cams too aggresive

HolyNight
01-16-2010, 09:59 AM
I recently purchased a WARTHOG which I love to death, its a tack driver, fast, accurate and suprisingly quite. I put a vapor trail drop away rest on it and now I can gotta creep on pulling it back because the arrow jumps out off the rest. Any suggestions on fixing this minor annoyance would be much appreciated

RogerSr
01-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Are you talking about the limbdriver rest? if so put a containment launcher
on it, I have them on all my limbdrivers.

bfisher
01-16-2010, 01:33 PM
I can assure you that there is no issue with how aggressive the cams are. This rest has been mounted on bows with ore aggressive cams with no problems.

It's possible that the rest isn't timed right. It
's also possible, and I see this so often, that the draw weight is too high for you to have control of the bow when the cams roll over the top and it's slamming into the draw stop too hard. Or the draw length and draw weight are incorrect for you. If you are using a loop maybe the loops isn't spread enough and is pinching the arrow nock.

These are just some thoughts so don't take it personally. It could be something else, but this is what I see the most often.

scepterman30x
01-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Bfisher I think your latter reasons are his issue.

Rockyhud
01-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Another thing you might try is adjusting the spring tension that pushes the rest fork upward. I was experiencing much the same thing for some time and after tuning my cams to reduce the "bump" at the end of the draw cycle and still having the arrow bounce up and sometimes even bounce off I finally decided to try adjusting the rest.

In case you aren't aware there's a coil spring inside the round housing closest to the rest fork. There's an allen setscrew in the outside edge for adjusting the tension. I backed out the setscrew enough to let the housing rotate in the direction it wanted to, rotated it back just a little, tightened the setscrew and checked it with an arrow for bounce. It took a few tries to get it set right but now the rest and arrow just rise up when I draw back and the arrow stays settled in the bottom of the fork all the way to the end of the draw.

One thing to keep in mind is that the spring housing can slip out sideways and away from the adjacent stationary piece when you loosen the spring housing. You'll need to keep LIGHT pressure on the spring housing until you've tightened the setscrew, otherwise it won't fit tight and the fork can move side to side and cause a change in centershot positioning. Just a light pinching pressure between the inside and outside pieces is all that's needed.
You'll see what I mean when you're making the adjustment. It's not hard to do and you'll understand what I'm talking about once you're into doing it.

XSpot
01-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Try as rockyhud said but this might help you may have a little nock pinch. If you a running a dloop try to wide it up just a little a 1/16 of an inch or more so there is just a little play , so the top and bottom of the dloop and do not make contact with the nock at the same time. This is what kept my arrow from juming off the rest