PDA

View Full Version : Martin Jaguar Limb issues

Sean in AZ
01-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Just bought a Martin Jaguar for Christmas. Took it to the local archery shop yesterday to have a nock, arrow biscuit and sights put on it. I put it in the car and while driving home, I heard a pop from the back seat. I looked back and didn't see anything. Anyhow got home and saw that backing on lower limb had seperated from wood and bowed out in wrong direction.

Anyone else have this problem, or was this a gremlin issue?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Sean in AZ

bfisher
01-16-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm trying to figure out what you are describing. If a limb delaminated then that's one thing, but Im not aware of any limbs made with wood laminates.

In any case it looks like you're going to make another trip to the shop and see what they say. Most likely it's going to be covered under warranty and you'll get the new parts you need.

Jay Dog
01-17-2010, 03:19 PM
The Martin Jaguar takedown does have wood laminated between outer layers of fiberglass. Martin should send you new limbs under the warranty. You may have to go through a Martin dealer, but they may ship them directly to you. I would contact Martin by phone, not email. I emailed them a question about a fast flight string for my Jaguar and they never answered me. Go figure. I like the bow, but Martins customer service stinks.

Good luck and I hope Martin stands behind their product.

Jay Dog :)

Dave308
01-17-2010, 03:43 PM
The Martin Jaguar takedown does have wood laminated between outer layers of fiberglass. Martin should send you new limbs under the warranty. You may have to go through a Martin dealer, but they may ship them directly to you. I would contact Martin by phone, not email. I emailed them a question about a fast flight string for my Jaguar and they never answered me. Go figure. I like the bow, but Martins customer service stinks.

Good luck and I hope Martin stands behind their product.

Jay Dog :)

LOL, you can't be serious. Martin is #1 in customer service in the bow industry.

Just give them a call Tuesday 1-800-541-8902

Jay Dog
01-18-2010, 05:05 PM
LOL, you can't be serious. Martin is #1 in customer service in the bow industry.

I cannot even get them to answer an email? I don't see that as killer customer service. :confused:

Jay Dog

Dave308
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM

I cannot even get them to answer an email? I don't see that as killer customer service. :confused:

Jay Dog

They wont answer E-mails, you have to call them. The killer customer service is they stand behind their product 100%

TXN
01-19-2010, 10:18 AM
I have found that email inquiries to Martin are a waste of time...you will never get a response! However, a phone call was all it took to talk to a friendly and helpful customer service rep.

logtamelk
03-13-2010, 08:25 AM
I'd have to agree that Martin customer service is top notch!!!!!!!!!

oncechance
03-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Just wanted to put my 2 cents worth. Martins has answered every email that I have sent them.

Ehunter
03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I never received a response to e-mail either, after 2 weeks, but calling them has solved my problem promptly and they were a dream to deal with. Call, don't e-mail.

treadwayc
03-13-2010, 11:50 AM
I must say I have had very good luck with them returning emails and phone calls. There customer service along with their outstanding products is why I bought a Martin.

"Note: If you are using an email account with MSN, Gmail, or Hotmail, we will be unable to respond. Please call us instead at 509-529-2554. We apologize for this inconvenience"