PDA

View Full Version : NAP quicktune 360

ezbite
01-18-2010, 02:35 AM
I've been having rest tuning issues with my firecat. My fletchings always seemed to be hitting the launcher on my QAD hunter and in turn the launcher was slapping down into the V.E.M. And leaving a mark on it. After messing with it for weeks, I gave up and went to an Octane tripwire. Guys at gander mtn said it's suppose to be the fastest dropaway out there. More timing issues with it to, fletchings also hitting the launcher and if you didn't draw real slow the final few inchs (yea that's easier said than done with a firecat:D) the launcher would pop up so fast the arrow would pop off the rest. I got to go to the ATA show For a day and I shot a few of martins new bows. I noticed they all had fixed rest on them and I shot them in pretty good groups. So I'm at dicks with a $10 score points coupon and I see a NAP quicktune 360 for $30 on clearence. I figure what the hell $10 coupon I'm only paying $20 for a new rest. Ended up being $21 and some change. I put it on not really excited, took me a few hours with taking all the old stuff off and new loop and all. just figured what can it hurt. I gotta tell you, I'm impressed with this rest so far. I've only shot about 60 arrows over 2 days and I like it! Im off work the next few days and I'm going to throw a few hundred arrows out of it and see how it
holds up. Any one have any experience with this rest? Any likes or dislikes?

Spiker
01-18-2010, 04:43 AM
I have them on two of my bows, including my Firecat, and have not had a problem. The Firecat has about 5000 shots thru it with no sign of wear on the rest.

Brem
01-18-2010, 06:28 AM
I had this rest on my 09 Cheetah. Loved it however the original brush design was not great. it dove tails in the slot and is metal. An errant fletch can pop it out. they redesigned the brush to a polymer one piece that is much better. Cost me $12 at my proshop. They were much better.

Spiker
01-18-2010, 09:17 AM
I had this rest on my 09 Cheetah. Loved it however the original brush design was not great. it dove tails in the slot and is metal. An errant fletch can pop it out. they redesigned the brush to a polymer one piece that is much better. Cost me $12 at my proshop. They were much better.

Your talking about the Octane not the NAP 360 - correct?

Brem
01-18-2010, 03:10 PM
No sir,Nap Quicktune 360. If you look at the original brushes they were a metal tab with the brush dovetailed in and a small rubber collar slipped over it. the newer version brush is a solid one piece polymer.

ezbite
01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
this is the rest i mean.

Brem
01-18-2010, 03:15 PM
No worries for you, it already has the newer style brushes on it

Noxxio
01-18-2010, 08:04 PM
this rest came on my bonehunter. I love it but i have the older style brushes and they are coming loose off the metal sleeve like you described.

Suppose i will order a new set of brushes from NAP's website

The rest it self works great for me though

Noxx

Spiker
01-19-2010, 06:19 AM
No sir,Nap Quicktune 360. If you look at the original brushes they were a metal tab with the brush dovetailed in and a small rubber collar slipped over it. the newer version brush is a solid one piece polymer.

I see what your saying now and hadnt seen the new style brush's yet.
May have to look for a set of them as back-ups rather than the old style ones I have.
Still - with a bit over 5000 shots thru my Firecat, with the old brush's, and using 4" helical feathers - I havent gotten any wear or had any problems.
The only thing I did was put a couple felt strips over the metal brush holders/screws to keep it quiet if I 'tinked' an arrow on it while loading.
For a capture rest I really like the NAP 360 !

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-19-2010, 07:01 AM
I had the same rest on my last bow, which was a PSE THE BEAST. It was great except the piece the arrow sits on kept wearing off on one side. I went through two or three of these pieces until the company sent me a Quicktune 2100 dropaway.
I even had issues with that rest! I have heard others say that the 360 was a good rest, so I think the rest just didn't do well on my PSE.
On my Jaguar, and on any future bow, I will probably never switch from my Bodoodle Zapper 300 capture rest. It's extremely accurate, but doesn't let the arrow fall off of the rest.:cool:

ezbite
01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
:Dok, ive put about 330/350 arrows thru this rest over the last few days and im on my way to dicks to get the last one they had hanging on the wall. its going on the ailen.:D needless to say, im very very happy with this rest. i just hope nobody else bought it because it is on the clearence wall:eek: