PDA

View Full Version : martin jaguar rest

tailjunkie
01-18-2010, 06:07 AM
hello everyone. new to traditional shooting, just got my martin jaguar a couple of days ago, and i honestly have no clue how i am supposed to orient the rest that came with the bow. it is a platic bolt, with a plate on one end with rubber forks. which way do i point the forks? should they point up, down, towards or away from me? does the arrow snap in between or just rest on them?

RLW
01-18-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm not really sure which rest you have.......is it like attached picture??

If so, that shows how it's position, but if that is the one, it's a cheap plastic rest like what came w/my son's Jaguar (older compound, not new recurve), and I would suggest saving yourself some grief and get another rest right away.

N.A.P. Centerest flipper is a simple rest that works really well for finger shooting and are durable.......probably find them for $25-30
http://www.newarchery.com/products/2-21/arrow-rests/centerest-flipper.html

tailjunkie
01-18-2010, 03:37 PM
nope, looks like attached... i have used rests like your pic, this is different.

Jay Dog
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
The little plastic rest that comes with the bow is a joke. I put a TM hunter on mine. Others have opted for the whisker biscuit or Hostage rest. I prefer the spring loaded dual prong style as it is much easier on the vanes/feathers. These can be had for around $20-30. NAP Quicktune runs around $29.99 and WalMart sells one made by Allen for about $7. the "Timberdoodle" is also a good choice. If you are die hard traditional, you could go with the flipper type rest.

Jay Dog:cool:

alex
01-19-2010, 02:49 AM
tailjunkie, if you still want to use your rest the forks must point to the back of the bow...opposite of your face. You can use it for sometime, it's not so bad, i have the same on an old child compound bow which my sister shoots- used about 5-6 years and still works :)