PDA

View Full Version : do I need to be concerned?

aldar
01-18-2010, 11:27 AM
got my '09 Bengal last week and finished setting it up. went out for a little shooting today. when i came back in, i went to make sure things were tight and took a close look at the string. on the back side of the idler wheel, closet to the riser, the string is way off center and touching the side of the wheel. this is when the bow is at rest. at full draw it's harder for me to tell, but looks like it's still off center. it shot just fine

bfisher
01-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Because the string is pulled to the side by the cable rod/slide (or CCS) there is no way the string can track straight off the back side of the idler. It's normal for all single cam bows. However, keep an eye on the string for any chafing in that area. What I have done in the past is serve the length that rides over the idler wheel with .014" serving just as an added precaution.

aldar
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM
thanks I was a little concerned after reading about cam lean and such

giltyone
01-18-2010, 07:18 PM
I noticed a bit of chafing in the same place. Also on the section of the buss cable that rolls overs the CCS.

I have a '09 MOAB - I just love this bow.

bfisher
01-19-2010, 10:15 AM
I noticed a bit of chafing in the same place. Also on the section of the buss cable that rolls overs the CCS.

I have a '09 MOAB - I just love this bow.

That's the same bow I had. I also served the are where the string and cable roll through the CCS.