PDA

View Full Version : ScepterII up and running

RogerSr
01-19-2010, 02:18 PM
I put it all together today, and took it out back and shot it, it's a shooter,
The strings and cables are SandSquid made, thanks John no sight rotation yet
good job, what you can do with spare parts it has 5L limbs and it 's Max is 52#, when it stops raining I'll set up the chrono and see what it will do,
here is a pic. of it.

RogerSr
01-19-2010, 05:23 PM
this is a better pic.

drevilmike77
01-20-2010, 06:12 AM
nice bow, I want a Scepter for target.:D

SandSquid
01-20-2010, 02:18 PM
The strings and cables are SandSquid made, thanks John no sight rotation yet

What do you mean "yet"!?!?!?! Either there is, or is not rotation. :D
If there is it may go away, if there is not it will never come.

But thanks for the kudos, I really love making strings especially for shoot through systems, mostly because I detest making split cables.

Sorry it took so long, but I just could not send that first I made, the colors we just to "off" for me.. but at least you have a spare shoot string now ;-)?

I wish I knew you were going to use a limb-driver, I would have sent you a RipCord to use instead.

Montalaar
01-20-2010, 03:10 PM
I really enjoy making my own strings but never made one for my compound bow. Do you prestretch your strings sandquid? If so, how do you do that? I would appreciate ANY information!

They seem to be pretty good work as far as i can see that on thos pictures.

RogerSr
01-20-2010, 03:19 PM
What do you mean "yet"!?!?!?! Either there is, or is not rotation. :D
If there is it may go away, if there is not it will never come.

But thanks for the kudos, I really love making strings especially for shoot through systems, mostly because I detest making split cables.

Sorry it took so long, but I just could not send that first I made, the colors we just to "off" for me.. but at least you have a spare shoot string now ;-)?

I wish I knew you were going to use a limb-driver, I would have sent you a RipCord to use instead.

I should have said no string rotation,you did a great job, thanks John.

cherryju1ce
01-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey those limbs look familiar!

I shot my best scores with my Scepter II with Fury-X cams...shouldn't have gotten rid of it!

RogerSr
01-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Yea I had to decide 4H or 5L I went with the 5L that came from you, I still have the 4H limbs for my next project, I'm going to put them on a P3 riser I'm getting, that is if I go with Nitrous B cams, if I use A cams I'll use a set of 3H that I have, I just gave my 05 SlayR X to one of my Grandsons that wants to shoot 3D with it, and I'm parting out one of my RazorX bows, so I need to build more to take there places.