PDA

View Full Version : String issue on 09 bengal

bbpudge7
01-19-2010, 05:29 PM
I am having trouble with my stock string. My peep and loop are twisting. Are they twisting because of the stock string or is it something more serious like cam tilt or twisting limbs? Has anyone heard of this happening to strings?

bfisher
01-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Uh yes, it ahppens with most stock strings. The Helix strings on some Martin bows are OK, but not the best. It could also be that the string doesn't have enough twists to make all the strands work together. Check the specs for A2A and brace height and see if they are OK. Maybe you just need to twist the string up.

It's also possible you don't have an even amount of strands on each side of the peep.. Whatever there are a couple of solutions. One is to do what we call training the string. You position the peep so that it rotates to your desired location each time. You might have to add or subtract a twist or two from the string or move some strands from one side to the other.

The other option, and one you should at least entertain down the road is to get a good set of aftermarket strings such as Prostring, Vapor Trail, Bucknasty, H&M, or Winner's Choice. Lots of others, too. With good strings you'll get NO peep rotation if they are installed correctly.