PDA

View Full Version : How to identify which year my bow was made

niedosmi
01-20-2010, 07:52 PM
I recently purchased a used Martin Jaguar Pro Series Single cam bow. The problem I have is the strings and cables need to be replaced but the bow specs tag is so faded I cannot tell what the details are. Is there a way to tell what type of bow I have so that I may have it re-strung with the correct strings and cables and to document the specs that are missing. I have tried to email support at Martin for assistance but with no luck. I thought I would ask on the forum before trying to give Martin a call.

alex
01-21-2010, 02:39 AM
If you can post a picture it'll help.

bfisher
01-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Not only a picture, but if by chance you can read the serial number on the limb tag the first two number indicate the year of manufacture. Not always quite as accurate, but if you back out the limbs you will see a number/letter which indicates the limb deflection and usually a couple other number such as 11/08 which tells the year the limbs were manufactured.

To get close you could also tell us the cam that ison the bow, but this is where the picture comes in handy.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-22-2010, 06:11 AM
If you have a silver cam and a silver idler wheel, you bow is no older than 2005 and no younger than 2007.:D