PDA

View Full Version : Limb swap question for a 2007 Bengal

leper65
01-21-2010, 06:31 PM
I have a 2007 Bengal with 50-70lbs limbs that I am thinking about swapping to a 30-50 Lbs set and changing the draw length down to 25" for my wife.

I'm just thinking out loud here, I have to actually see what her draw length is and I'm pretty sure she can handle 30lbs, but is this worth pursuing or should we just start looking at new bows and sell the Bengal? I only shot it 20 times or so before upgrading to a Firecat.

RogerSr
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I have a 2007 Bengal with 50-70lbs limbs that I am thinking about swapping to a 30-50 Lbs set and changing the draw length down to 25" for my wife.

I'm just thinking out loud here, I have to actually see what her draw length is and I'm pretty sure she can handle 30lbs, but is this worth pursuing or should we just start looking at new bows and sell the Bengal? I only shot it 20 times or so before upgrading to a Firecat.

Thats a 35-50 so can she pull 35lbs? or you can gho with a 25-40, but I think you would be better off selling it and finding another bow just for her.

copterdoc
01-21-2010, 06:48 PM
If you back off the limb bolts, you will see a number and a letter on the edge of the limbs. 4H, 3M, or something.

Subtract 4 from that number and that will be your deflection number, for 35-50 LB limbs. So, if they are 4M right now, 0M will max 20 lbs lower. If they are 3H, 01H will max 20 LBS lower. Going from H to M drops 2 LBS, as does dropping from M to L.

As far as I know, 15 LBS is still the adjustment range of the limb bolts for ALL Martin bows, so you should not be shooting your bow at less than 55#.

copterdoc
01-21-2010, 06:50 PM
If you know what deflection number you need, you can post a WTB add and search the free classifieds on Archery Talk, for a set of 13" limbs.

They often sell for $45-$80 a set.

brushrat
01-22-2010, 09:56 AM

I would get on AT and just try swapping the 55-75's for the 35-50's. Maybe a youg guy has outgrown his and wants to step up. I'd try that 1st.:)

bfisher
01-22-2010, 05:32 PM
You really should find out about what draw length she could shoot. It may very well end up less than 25", which is as low as the Bengal will go. Till all is said and done you might be better off to sell the Bengal and get her a Pink-camo Leopard.

leper65
01-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys. I guess we'll go by the shop tomorrow and see what draw length we are dealing with and what weight she's comfortable with. I thought the Bengal had a 20lb range so I'm glad I checked here.

bfisher
01-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys. I guess we'll go by the shop tomorrow and see what draw length we are dealing with and what weight she's comfortable with. I thought the Bengal had a 20lb range so I'm glad I checked here.

Don't get excited about dropping the extra 5# if you need to. The bow will do it OK. Still, if she gets to like this and she were my wife, I'd get her her own bow. Like I said, Pink camo. The big deal is going to be the draw length. If it doesn't fit her right she run into issues of hitting her arm or lack of accuracy which would discourage her from shooting.

If you feel getting her new limbs is the ansewer you'd need tolook for used ones. New ones retail at almost $200 and for that you could sell the Bengal and get her a new bow, and probably not spend as much money.