PDA

View Full Version : 2009 martin moab noisey has heck

boomslag
01-24-2010, 01:50 PM
hi i recently bought a 2009 moab 70 pound bow.when i shoot the bow it sounds like a canon going off it is nooisey has heck my dealer has tried to fix it but can't his solution was 11 pices of mole skin in the string still noisey.it also is eating the string real bad might have 200 shots on it and it is pritty much done. also when i draw the bow back it makes aloud clicking noise at full draw.i am not impressed by this bow because i bought it brand new and my dealer is the only dealer around and it is not fixing my problem and am getting fed up any help wouold be apreciated thanks.

Dave308
01-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Your dealer won't fix it for you? He should have set it up before you left the shop.

boomslag
01-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Your dealer won't fix it for you? He should have set it up before you left the shop.

he did set it up for me but he can't figure it out i have had it over to him at least 3 or 4 times and all he does is puts more mole skin and says he fixed the problem but as soon as i fire it it is still the same.

JT38off
01-24-2010, 06:37 PM
ive got an 09 moab and mine was noisy to me too. all ive done is put limbsavers on the limbs, a limbsaver s coil stabilizer, and adjusted my sts a bit and that solved 90% of the noise but ive had no string eating at all. sounds like you might have some cam leaning goin on.

ezbite
01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
check you module screws, they might be loose and find another dealer

timtim146
01-26-2010, 10:47 PM
alright maybe not but i am going to put this out there. Maybe your cam timing is wrong. If your cam is not timed right and your cable is untwisted to much it will make your bow quite a bit louder.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-27-2010, 05:57 AM
hi i recently bought a 2009 moab 70 pound bow.when i shoot the bow it sounds like a canon going off it is nooisey has heck my dealer has tried to fix it but can't his solution was 11 pices of mole skin in the string still noisey.it also is eating the string real bad might have 200 shots on it and it is pritty much done. also when i draw the bow back it makes aloud clicking noise at full draw.i am not impressed by this bow because i bought it brand new and my dealer is the only dealer around and it is not fixing my problem and am getting fed up any help wouold be apreciated thanks.

I would definitely play around with the STS. The goal is to find the quietest location for your bow. Also, make sure your STS is tight and every other accessory is tight. Oh, and don't forget to post your results.:D

724wd
01-27-2010, 03:13 PM
that's interesting. my 09 moab is near silent! hope you find an answer, and i hope mine doesnt develop the same problem!

bowgramp59
01-27-2010, 06:40 PM
i tried to give some info that might help you, but someone loged me out , i'm not going to type that long reply again, sorry