PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference

g1huntn
01-24-2010, 06:27 PM
I am looking for a new bow and Martin is on the short list due to the long, trouble free performance of my last Martin. It is a single cam Martin from the mid 90's and I am looking at the TR1 and Pantera to replace it. What's the difference between these two bows? Spec's are almost identical with just a minor difference in brace height and ATA. I have read alot of positive comments about the MOAB the last few months. Are either of these just a renamed MOAB? Or are these bow's an improvement of the MOAB?
I was also looking at the TR2, but have always heard that dual cams required alot more maintenance, due to cam roll over timing and other things. Is this an issue worth worrying about? I may go to a 60 lb bow and the extra speed of a dual cam would be nice.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Patrick

JT38off
01-24-2010, 07:00 PM
in my opinion the tr1 would be a step up from the moab, ive got an 09 moab and at the time i bought it i somewhat regreted not buying the firecat, now im happy with the moab and im a big fan of single cams. once i got it dailed in ive done 0 tweeking and its always on. but they dont offer the moab anymore so if i bought now it would be the tr1 for sure. good luck to you!

g1huntn
01-25-2010, 03:36 PM
I really like the single cams also, but since I am thinking about dropping to 60lb draw wt, I thought the dual cam TR2 would help make up the difference in speed. I am guessing the TR2 at 60 will be as fast as a TR1 at 70. Just guessing though. Don't know enough about bows to be sure.

JT38off
01-25-2010, 07:08 PM
either choice would be a good one but i havent shot the new acu trak cam yet but you might be right bout the speed vs the two different cams. the tr1 has the same ibo rating as my 09 moab though so im not sure. either way GO MARTIN!!!

RatpigHoosier
01-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Martin has intrigued me since I got back into bowhunting after about 13 years and quickly realized I needed to upgrade my equipment. I just didn't know what to think of them since they are priced so much less than the big three. I shot a PSE Bow Madness, a Diamond Black Ice, and a Bear Truth 2. It took awhile to get to a shop and shoot a Martin but I shot the Pantera yesterday. I fell in love and I'm not ashamed to scream it from the rooftops!

Here's the problem...I don't want to pay for a 2010 Pantera. I like to think of myself as being very discerning (but my wife would just say I'm cheap). They didn't have the TR1 there for me to shoot but I can't imagine it being much different.

I really would like to buy a 2009 model. I have heard that the TR1 is a rebadged Moab, or at least as similar as you can get. If I were to buy a 2009 Moab do you think I would be as happy with it as I was with the Pantera? I can't really see much of a difference between the two. I imagine the shot would feel very similar since the design is so similar. What are your thoughts? Especially you JT38off, since you have an '09 Moab?

Montalaar
01-28-2010, 02:35 PM
The TR1 is as similar to a Moab as you can get, right. You just have to live with the small differences. A new TR1 could be ordered with the cloaked package and also the somewhat updated newer Acutrak-Cam. If you do not care about that at all... Get that 2009 model.