PDA

View Full Version : 09 Warthog string problem

overdahill
01-26-2010, 12:10 PM
After shooting between 200-250 arrows, the lower string serving is all chewed up. There is no clearance between the string and the cam/modules, the string is laying flat against the cam/modules. Can this be corrected? Any help would be appreciated.

whman
01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Good Afternoon Overdahill,
Barry will probably respond to your e-mail with some very good advice, but my understanding is that they can retro-fit with newer modules to help with clearance issues. I also bought an '09 Wart Hog, but it has the newer Cat 2 cams on it with the retrofit already in place. It is fast becoming one of my favorite bows, but had a few "teething" problems too.
Take care brother......and good luck!

bfisher
01-26-2010, 05:02 PM
You bet I'll try to help. You can call customer service, but you are going to be told to work this out with your dealer. It's imply using the "chain of command". There was a problem with cables getting chewed up by rubbing the module. Not all bows did it. Anyway, the dealer needs to assess the problem and call Martin explaining the problem.

Most likely what will happen is that they'll send the new 2010 modules, which will solve the rubbing problem. As to whether they'll give you a new cable? Maybe. Martin has been known to bend over backwards to take care of their customers.

overdahill
01-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Gentlemen, thank you for your replies. I purchased the bow online from a dealer in Wisconsin, I am in South Carolina. Fortunately, I do have a Martin dealer a few miles from here. The local dealer looked at the bow and confirmed the problem. He was the one that suggested that I contact Martin directly. I did leave a voice mail message on Friday and I am waiting to hear from Martin customer service.

Thanks to both of you for you replies.

bfisher
01-27-2010, 05:45 AM
Gentlemen, thank you for your replies. I purchased the bow online from a dealer in Wisconsin, I am in South Carolina. Fortunately, I do have a Martin dealer a few miles from here. The local dealer looked at the bow and confirmed the problem. He was the one that suggested that I contact Martin directly. I did leave a voice mail message on Friday and I am waiting to hear from Martin customer service.

Thanks to both of you for you replies.

This happens also as a result of a little cam lean. In the meantime you can help yourself. Take the modules off and use a file and some fine grit sandpaper and round the sharp edge off the module.

If you haven't recieved a call back from a customer service rep by now I'd call them again. They get pretty busy this time of year and your call may have been overlooked. They have an 800 number, 1-800-541-8902

steelhauler34
06-26-2010, 09:23 AM
do you have orig cat cams or cat2 cams? I think the cat2's came out to address this problem.

bfisher
06-26-2010, 04:22 PM
It's not so much the cam difference so much as the cahnge in design of the modules. They made the modules narrower and rounded the edges that the cable might rub against.