PDA

View Full Version : Limb question

davidtorez
01-26-2010, 06:38 PM
I have heard that Martin Saber bows from 2004 to 2005 models had problems with their risers and limbs snapping. Has anyone here ever heard or experienced this problem with any of their Martin bows particularly with the Saber models of those years mentioned? My friend is offering a Martin Saber 2004 model for $150 but I have read that this bow has snapped by a few people on the internet forums. Can anyone give me some advice or opinions?

Have a good one.

David Torez

bfisher
01-27-2010, 05:32 AM
It's possible with any cast riser bow to have a riser snap. Cast risers were the industry standard many years ago and I know of a few that broke, but these were few and far between. The change over to machined risers in the mid 80's reduced this tremendously, but even they can encounter a problems at times. Personally I'd recommend something with a machined riser, but the choice is yours.

Pretty much the same can be said for limbs. Across the industry there is less than 1% breakage problems with limbs and companies are ever increasing their knowledge and manufacturing processes to improve limb technology.

It's not something I would let bother me too much. If it would happen then Martin is sure to take care of it. They are noted throughout the industry to have some of the best customer service of any bow manufacturer.

davidtorez
01-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks for your honest reply. So, "if" it were to snap, would Martin have it fixed under warranty even though the bow is almost 6 years old?

Cheers,

David Torez

scepterman30x
01-27-2010, 09:34 AM
indubitably....a resounding yes or make it right one way or another.

bfisher
01-27-2010, 07:19 PM
What Scott said, YES. They probably have some risers on hand, but in the event that they would run out they would make other concessions to make good on the warranty. Believe me, they'll make you happy.

The warranty is limited which means just about everything but strings is covered for 10 years. After the initial 10 years parts are replaced at 50% of retail at that time.

Frankly, if something doesn't happen within 10 years it ain't going to happen and even so it's probably time to upgrade anyway. But rest assured that bows don't wear out.

There are guys like Scott (Scepterman30) who put 20,000 shots a year through a bow and don't wear them out.