PDA

View Full Version : Magcat draw length?

JonKC
01-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows the original draw length of 06 or 07 magcat, I bought it new from Dicks and i believe the draw length was 27 but it was writtin on the sticker in pencil...... and eventually I got it restrung at a local bow shop and when I got it back the string was definitely shorter, and they say its as long as possible. So if anyone knows the draw length or has any answers/links that would be great, the old links on the website werent loading for me,
thanks

Spiker
01-27-2010, 05:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows the original draw length of 06 or 07 magcat, I bought it new from Dicks and i believe the draw length was 27 but it was writtin on the sticker in pencil...... and eventually I got it restrung at a local bow shop and when I got it back the string was definitely shorter, and they say its as long as possible. So if anyone knows the draw length or has any answers/links that would be great, the old links on the website werent loading for me,
thanks

Not sure which bow the MagCat is, they get re-named to be sold at Dicks.
All the cams used in '06 and '07 had adjustable modules on them to set the draw length. As far as string/cable lengths, you will need to know just which bow the MagCat is and which cams are on it. The past tech specs on Martins site will work for you if you take the '/2010web' out of the address.

bfisher
01-27-2010, 07:04 PM
I believe the MagCat is the Jaguar renamed for Dick's. You could look at pictures from catalogs dated 2007 on Martin' home site. See which cam you have and pay attention to the specs listed in the catalog.

Your bow most likely has the DynaCam which accepts "f" modules to change the draw length. I believe the draw lengths run from 26" to 31" on the Jag with f1 module being for 26" and 1" increases for each mod up to the f7.

In case you don't already know it every Martin bow is shipped with a full set of these modules and should have been given to you by Dick's when you bought the bow. In any case, any Martin dealer or Dick's should have modules so you can change the draw length.

JonKC
01-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah it was the jaguar but thanks for all the help!