PDA

View Full Version : New bow for new guy

BubbaMalone
01-27-2010, 08:53 AM
I am looking for a new bow. I had a Martin back in '88 that I only shot for a couple months then set it aside after moving to the city. I like and liked Martin because it is the best bang for the buck IMHO. When I go to the local archery stores, they only have Mathews and Hoyt. Yes, they are pretty bows but they are more buck than I want to spend. Please help me decide on a bow for a beginner.

What I am looking for:
Fits me: I am 6'3" tall, 270lbs, overweight but stong build, middle age, 29" draw weight-measured by local shop.
Best bang for the buck - Fine wine on a beer budget you could say.
Like a bow that is friendly to beginners but is not a beginner's bow that I can grown into.
I was told to look at bows with a A2A over 32" and BH over 7" because I am a beginner.
I would like to eventually hunt with it, however, since I only draw a deer tag in NV only 1 out of 3 years, I will most likely shoot targets 95% of the time.

Looking at the Saber, Bengal, Moab, or ???
I was also looking at Hunters Friend to buy it since it comes completely set up and ready to shoot.

I really appreciate your input!

drevilmike77
01-27-2010, 09:11 AM
I have a Bengal and I love it:D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-27-2010, 09:15 AM
If you want to spend the lowest amount of money for an excellent compound bow, the Saber will fit that description. It's accurate for target, but its camo will make it blend in while your hunting. If you have a Dick's Sporting Goods nearby you should check out the Martins in there. Each bow there is the same as the Martins you see on the Martin website, just with different names. They also have accessory packages on them.:D

slinger
01-27-2010, 11:54 AM
I have a rytera bullet x (rytera is martins elite series bows) single cam bow smooth draw and yet fairly fast. It has modules to adjust the draw length to whatever length you have that I would be willing to sell. It has a ripcord dropaway rest, truglo range rover single pin adjustable yardage sight and a sts string stopper on it pm me if interested the price is right.

polaris754
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
yeppers i cant disagree with any 1 martins are great bows, i think the saber is a great start