PDA

View Full Version : Can I switch to double cam set up?

Walt Hagemeister
01-29-2010, 05:45 PM
I have a 09 Moab and shoots like a dream. I am however interested in finding out if I can switch to a double cam system from another 09 bow to get some additional performance?:confused:

copterdoc
01-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes, you can.

But, you will void your warranty and will need to figure out string and cable specs, draw length, brace height and limb deflection all by yourself.

There is no published data that will allow you to "cross reference" the swap. It isn't something a dealer can do for you.

I can do all the math in my head, to put Nitrous cams on any Martin prior to 09', but that is only because I know the Nitrous cams quite well and they used to publish limb cam and string charts for cross referance.

Walt Hagemeister
01-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Probably is more work than any extra performance I may get from the mods...Figured that the series of bows were similar enough to do a order and just swap them out... I would not do it myself but have a tech do it that has the experience. Thanks for the info.

bfisher
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Walt,

The Cat cams would fit and you'd end up with a FireCat, but the limbs presently on your bow won't handle the extra stresses put on by the Cat cam. So you'd need to change the limbs to use the Cat cams.

Your best bet would be Nitrous cams, but they are like gold. You want better performance you're better off selling the Moab and getting a FireCat.

polaris754
01-31-2010, 01:47 AM
im not a bow guru ,but i would guess if u managed to getter done it might not be worth all the effort, than just buyin a new bow my thoughts on experiments always gets me into trouble