PDA

View Full Version : 09 Cheetah STS or string silencers or both

WallHunter
01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
New to archery and got a new 09 Martin Cheetah. It came with Slipjax and Monster Jax installed. Over the course of shooting the last couple of months, Slipjax came out (not served in) and one Bowjax came off. Think maybe not installed properly (not bought from Martin direct, purchased as package from authorized dealer).

My questions.
Is it best to go back with the Slipjax and have them served in or use another type string silencers?
Would Martin (or is another make) STS make it quieter and be "better" than Slipjax?
Which way does STS mount on the 09 Cheetah, front or back of riser. Noticed no "threads" on back of riser and have stabilizer currently installed on front of riser (with wrist strap)?

Like I said new to this so sure these are really elemental questions to some of you "vets". Also know answers to a couple of the questions above may be more opinion and preference that hard, cold facts. Just wanted to come here so I could get the skinny from actual Martin users.

Thanks for the help.

alex
02-01-2010, 03:10 AM
When i've put a STS on my MOAB i got rid of the "jaxes"- i don't need a superquiet bow and they slower the speed. I'm not sure about the Cheetah but i guess it has a hole for the STS - it should be right behind the stabilizer thread hole.

JohnnyThunder
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
It does seem like those jacks would make the bow slower, but how come on it says it makes it faster on the website where you can buy them ?

bfisher
02-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Because you can install them close to the cams and use them similar to speed balls. Of course you need a chronograph to find the sweet spot.

WallHunter
02-09-2010, 07:57 PM
ttt ttt ttt

brushrat
02-11-2010, 02:12 PM
New to archery and got a new 09 Martin Cheetah. It came with Slipjax and Monster Jax installed. Over the course of shooting the last couple of months, Slipjax came out (not served in) and one Bowjax came off. Think maybe not installed properly (not bought from Martin direct, purchased as package from authorized dealer).

My questions.
Is it best to go back with the Slipjax and have them served in or use another type string silencers?
Would Martin (or is another make) STS make it quieter and be "better" than Slipjax?
Which way does STS mount on the 09 Cheetah, front or back of riser. Noticed no "threads" on back of riser and have stabilizer currently installed on front of riser (with wrist strap)?

Like I said new to this so sure these are really elemental questions to some of you "vets". Also know answers to a couple of the questions above may be more opinion and preference that hard, cold facts. Just wanted to come here so I could get the skinny from actual Martin users.

Thanks for the help.

I've found that the bowjax work better than limb savers on the limbs themselves. The STS which is reasonably priced through Martin will work good. I just sticks into the hole in the back of the riser and tightens down with the little allen screw. As far as string silencers i like the "whiskers" , i've found them the quietest. Good luck.:)