PDA

View Full Version : serving damage

bigbob
01-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Got a cougar elite with an F7 module 'cause I have a long draw and it keeps parting the serving where it rounds the acute angle on the mod. Any ideas for a fix?

bfisher
02-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Very common and very indicative of poorly made strings. For now you could have it reserved. Best bet in the long run is a quality set of string and cables. Do a search on www.archerytalk.com for custom string makers and you'll find tons of them.

I've used a few. Winner's Choice (pricey), Bucknasty, and Porstrings. There are lots of others such as Vapor Trail, H&M and others. With most this problem should not occur and if it does a good string maker will make it right.

You'll have other options such as the colors of your choice, material, and in most cases no peep rotation for the life of the string.

cruser
02-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Very common and very indicative of poorly made strings. For now you could have it reserved. Best bet in the long run is a quality set of string and cables. Do a search on www.archerytalk.com for custom string makers and you'll find tons of them.

I've used a few. Winner's Choice (pricey), Bucknasty, and Porstrings. There are lots of others such as Vapor Trail, H&M and others. With most this problem should not occur and if it does a good string maker will make it right.

You'll have other options such as the colors of your choice, material, and in most cases no peep rotation for the life of the string.

OUCH!!! I'm not trying to be a smart ARSE, but that's an ugly typo for "Prostrings". If that was intentional please disregard my post!
Either way I got a smile out of it ;)

bigbob
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Currently getting it reserved so hoping for the best. See what you mean about the typo, chuckle chuckle.

bfisher
02-01-2010, 06:33 PM
OUCH!!! I'm not trying to be a smart ARSE, but that's an ugly typo for "Prostrings". If that was intentional please disregard my post!
Either way I got a smile out of it ;)

Yeah well, I see it now, too. OK, so my fingers get ahead of my brain once in a while. I could have used Spellcheck and it still wouldn't have picked it up. You did.........

Always gotta be one in every crowd...........LOL.