PDA

View Full Version : does anybody use silencers in their cable?

brushrat
01-31-2010, 08:54 PM
I have used the jax and simms string silencers on my string in the past. As time went on i determined that "whiskers" are significantly quieter. However, I still have some simms silencers served into my cable in 2 places. I was wondering if anyone has ever determined if cable silencers make any differance on noise or fps loss? If they don't serve any purpose and just serve to rob speed, why then when i replace my cable i will just leave them off. (?) Any ideas? thanks:):)

bfisher
02-01-2010, 05:37 AM
There usually isn't much if any speed difference when used in the cables. Whether they nmake it any more quiet is different with every bow, but they can't hurt anything.

That being said, when you replace the string/cables you could shoot without anything in the cables and see for yourself. You can always add something later.

brushrat
02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
i guess if there is no fps loss to have them in the cable , maybe i'll just go ahead and put them back in when i replace the string. Don't have anything else to do with them anyway. :)

And yea, thats true, i might be able to just stick them without serving them. They should stay in long enough for a few shots. Like you said it wouldn't be that hard to take them back out. :) thanks bfish