PDA

View Full Version : 09 Firecat Questions

bb11
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
hello:

I have looked around the site before posting, but if I have missed a string please forgive me.

I just bought an 09 Firecat with CAT2 cams and am setting it up. I have a few questions:

1. Why is there a cut out area where the rest is to be attached? Do I need to buy a part/bracket before attaching a fall away rest like Rip Cord, Limb driver or QAD Ultra? Seems like the cut out will make a good marrying between the bow and the rest harder to acheive?

2. Are the CAT 2 cams factory timed?

3. Have many here adjusted the cams to make it a less harsh roll over? If so, do you loose speed?

Thats it for now.

Thanks much!
Bruce

alex
02-01-2010, 10:54 PM
welcome to the forum, Bruce! The answer on your first question is no, you don't need it. The second: more likely they are not. The third: i don't think you can adjust the cams to be less harsh, you can lower the poundage of the bow and then you'll feel the draw smoother. :)

Spiker
02-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Register at archerytalk.com and read thru this thread: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=626601&highlight=Martin+Cat+cams+optimum+settings+advice+ settings
The C.A.T. cams are very adjustable and they do need to be timed to get the optimum performance out of the bow. It will also be very quiet once set up properly. It seems a little daunting at first read but actually is pretty simple.

ezbite
02-02-2010, 07:01 AM
ive got a firecat with the cat II cams and ive twisted and untwisted and move draw stops back and forth and moved draw modules back and forth, this little kitty is going to be a bit harsh no matter what you do, ive come to the conclusion its the price you pay for the speed of the cams. IMO:D

Brem
02-02-2010, 07:40 AM
to tell you the truth my cheetah at higher draw weight was just as harsh a draw as my firecat at lower weight. Cheetah 71# 288fps(362gr), FireCat at 63# 306fps(315gr). I have gotten used to it and don't hardly even notice the rollover being that drastic.

bfisher
02-02-2010, 07:58 AM
ive got a firecat with the cat II cams and ive twisted and untwisted and move draw stops back and forth and moved draw modules back and forth, this little kitty is going to be a bit harsh no matter what you do, ive come to the conclusion its the price you pay for the speed of the cams. IMO:D

Now you're learning.

bfisher
02-02-2010, 08:01 AM
to tell you the truth my cheetah at higher draw weight was just as harsh a draw as my firecat at lower weight. Cheetah 71# 288fps(362gr), FireCat at 63# 306fps(315gr). I have gotten used to it and don't hardly even notice the rollover being that drastic.

That's what I've tried to impress on people. With easier drawing cams you have to shoot more weight to achieve equal speed compared to the harder cam, which makes the easier drawing cam "less easy".

To compare apples to apples don't shoot the two at the same draw weight. Shoot them over a chrono with the same arrow and see what each has to be set at to get equal speed.

Spiker
02-02-2010, 11:13 AM
That's what I've tried to impress on people. With easier drawing cams you have to shoot more weight to achieve equal speed compared to the harder cam, which makes the easier drawing cam "less easy".

To compare apples to apples don't shoot the two at the same draw weight. Shoot them over a chrono with the same arrow and see what each has to be set at to get equal speed.

What he said 100%.

bb11
02-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I happen to be nursing a rotator cuff injury, so sounds like I will just lower the draw weight until I am over it.

Thanks again to all!