PDA

View Full Version : alien x

slinger
02-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Hi all, well I just bought a new alen x and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the nap apachie full containment arrow rest , it looks very similar to the trophy taker. I am only going to use the alien x for 3d and hunting so full containment is a must for me. Any input or advice on the rest would be appreciated thanks

ezbite
02-02-2010, 07:03 AM
ive got the nap 360 on my alien X and love it

Spiker
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
The Apache is a 'Fall Away' rest with an open enclosure around it.
It will not hold your arrow in-place any more than any other 'drop away' rest.
If you are looking for a 'true' captive rest - I have to agree with ezbite - the NAP 360 actually holds the arrow in place and allows your arrow to pass thru with no fletching contact. I have them on two of my bows and have a third one for the Alien Z that I am waiting on.
The only down side to the NAP 360 is the same with all 'Full Containment' rests - you have to hold perfectly steady untill the arrow is gone...
If you want a drop away rest - I would suggest the Limb Driver first or the new Rip Cord Red Zone.
...just me...

slinger
02-02-2010, 03:36 PM
will those 3 brushes on those containment rests take away any speed compared to a dropaway?

cruser
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Well I can't say much about the nap apachie rest because I never used it, But I will say this... If you are going to be running around at a 3D shoot doing right handspring round off back handspring back tuck's on the 50 yard elk you defenetly need to get a QAD!!!:eek:

UKFAN
02-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi all, well I just bought a new alen x and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the nap apachie full containment arrow rest , it looks very similar to the trophy taker. I am only going to use the alien x for 3d and hunting so full containment is a must for me. Any input or advice on the rest would be appreciated thanks

I have the trophy taker on my ALien X and it makes a popping noise. I have adjusted several times but it comes back. I ordered the new 2010 Rip cord tonight. Friend has one and it is awesome...quiet, smooth and looks great.

I tried the NAP 360 at teh shop and liked it but liked the Rip Cord better....

slinger
02-03-2010, 07:37 PM
thanks for all the input, I am leaning toward the ripcord code red myself, I have the original ripcord on my bullet x and really like it also but thought about trying something different but will probably put the ripcord on the alien too, cant wait to get it all set up and start shooting it. thanks alot for the advice.