PDA

View Full Version : Firecat CAT 2 cam issues

maluti
02-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I have a Firecat compound bow fresh out the box, but i can't draw the bow without the cables climbing off the cams. The draw-length is perfect and the poundage is fine, but only the string remains in the cam valley while the other 2 cables both climb off. There is no noticeable cam lean. The bow completely locks up when the cables climb off and the only way to release the cams is to use a bow press which means a trip to the local bow shop. Please help.

Montalaar
02-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Can you post pictures of it? Maybe Bfisher can compare those pictures to his CAT2 and will find a solution.

Oh, and welcome to the Forum. :)

maluti
02-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Hope these help. PLEASE CHECK TO SEE IF THE MODULES ARE CORRECTLY SCREWED ONTO THE CAM. I don't see the problem myself and the bowshop opened the box in front of me so it wasn't tampered with. Thanks

Brem
02-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Maluti,
You are over rotating the cam. The drawstop is set longer than your drawlength. In essence you are over drawing the bow and the strings and cable are coming off track causing lockup

Spiker
02-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Unless you guys removed the draw stop - - - there isn't one on the bottom cam. The draw stop HAS to be there!

bfisher
02-04-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm here and I notice the same thing as the other guys. Where is the draw stop? It fits in the slot on the bottom cam.

ezbite
02-06-2010, 10:28 AM
make it unanimous, no draw stop=over rotation. we did it twice at the shop while i was setting up my firecat. then it dawned on my "pro" hey id better adjust the stop too.:confused:

maluti
03-04-2010, 04:09 AM
We had removed draw stops on previous Martin Bows to increase the valley, but what we didn't realise was that this bow was already set at 30" and was at its peak draw, so overrotating the cam was much easier at this point. We put the stop back in and brought the drawlength down to 27" and it now draws like a dream. Thanks to everyone for their input in pointing out the obvious.