PDA

View Full Version : Martin Saber

Natan
07-22-2006, 01:43 PM
G'day everyone

Iam 15yo and my Saber is only a couple of days away :D very excited as this is my first bow, and just wondering if theres anything more i should know from owners/previous owners of Sabers. Also which colour do you have :D personally on the internet the colours dont look too great.. iam think about just camo

Jack NZ
07-22-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Natan,I have a Saber as well.
It's a great bow.
Just a heads up though,keep your cables well waxed where they enter the cam as this area will wear if it's not kept lubricated well.
Mines Camo,it's a hunting bow.;)

passthrough
07-23-2006, 01:57 PM
i`ve had mine for 5 weeks now and i am very pleased.
you might have to spend a little money to lower the hand shock and vibrations. but other then that i think you will like it.

i agree with Jack, keep those cable valley`s waxed real good.
i actually pack the wax right into the groves of both the cam and idler wheel then work it in with my finger.

most all short bows have the tendency to have a problem with the cable guard pulling the strings out to the edge of the cam and wheel groves. twist the cable guard in as far as you can so the arrow vanes will still clear the strings. you can also buy new strings with smaller serving after words.
if you don`t want to spend extra money on smaller string serving, just keep it clean and waxed you should be fine.

by the way, the camo is awesome....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/passthrough/The%20Martin%20Saber/martinandcase.jpg

Natan
07-23-2006, 03:03 PM
ok thanks, around how much is wax? and what would i buy to make the hand shock less, and around how much would that be :D thanks. I just wanna know what to say when i walk in to buy it

P.S admins if you read this can you edit my username :o its spose to be "Nathan" missed out the "H"

passthrough
07-23-2006, 03:53 PM
string wax is relatively cheep. about $5.00.

the hand shock is controlled by a stabilizer system that you mount to the front of your bow where the threaded insert is.
in my picture you can see the Sims modulars where my wrist sling is located.
that particular model cost $59.99 at the shop i go to.

stabilizers are like bows, it`s a matter of personal choice and expenses.

if your bow shop is like the one i go to, you can actually try out different models and then buy the one that works best.

my recomendation... Sims products all the way.

cb671
07-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Get a Good Stabalizer ... There are Many that are out on the Market...ebay is the cheapest place to get so far...and some string silencers too also don't forget to get some limb savers as well if you are going to use your bow for hunting. I use my Hunting Bow *Martin Cougar Magnum for 3D as Well...Mine is also one of the Quietest Bows there at the our Archery Club. And the Guys with the Other Brands of Bows Wonder why my bow is so Quiet...and they also have Vibration Dampeners on their Bows...when They ask me how come my bow is so quiet...I Tell em ...It's a Martin! :D lol

Elk4me
07-24-2006, 12:24 AM
I have owned my Saber since April. I have had 1 problem with some cam lean and serving wear on mine and sent it back to Martin and they fixed it Np.:D I am so happy with my Saber I have recomended it to a few friends.. i use to shoot one of the big 3 mfg's before the Saber and wil never shoot anything again but a Martin. The bow is so smooth and very littile hand shock. Keep your string and serving well waxed I ust the WC string care kit on mine and I wouood highly recomend an after market string also, I want too impressed with the stock Martin dbl Helix strings and cables.:cool:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/Elk4me/MartinSaberSpottHoggPic.jpg

Natan
07-27-2006, 12:26 PM
.. bow has been delayed AGAIN so i wont have for a while..

Natan
08-02-2006, 08:05 AM
got my bow today, here it is

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c60/fah_cue/P8020030.jpg

passthrough
08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
there ya go, now it`s time to get out there and fling a few of those arrows.

what do you think of it so far ?

Natan
08-02-2006, 12:05 PM
yer i bought it from a different place, i bought at 1pm and was shooting/resting (lol) till 5:30pm, they place i bought off are great people they kept helping till it was tuned PERFECTLY, now all i have to do is get my arm stronger :P

WR_Orion
08-02-2006, 07:08 PM
I just got my Saber this Monday. I'm really happy with it :D

The only thing I really don't like is the grip. What do you guy think about yours'? I've heard that it's not that uncommon, to not like the grip I mean. I'm thinking of just cutting away the back part of the rubber and leaving the sides but I just can't bring myself to take a blade to this bow!

Anyone else have issues with these rubber grips?

Elk4me
08-02-2006, 11:14 PM
I sorta didnt like my grip and got a wooded Martin one from a custom grip make on AT if your intrested PM me and I will give you the guys addrress. Here is my bow.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/Elk4me/MartinSaberSpottHoggPic.jpg

Elk4me
08-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Here is a piciture of the Martin Saber Custom grip I bought off the bow! I think I paid $25 bucks for it.:cool:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/Elk4me/MattsMartinGrip.jpg