PDA

View Full Version : Speed Lizards

russ65034
02-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Was wondering if anyone has or tried the speed lizards and what there opinions are. Currently have them on my '01 Phantom Mag. I know the more things you put on you string slows you up a little. Also the shop that put my lizards on put my D-loop on is it common to have 2 knocks inside the D-loop. Thanks for any input

RogerSr
02-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't put any nocks inside my D loops, I Tie serving thread around the string top and bottom inside the D loop.

treadwayc
02-05-2010, 04:30 PM
No nocks inside d-loop. use serving.

RogerSr
02-05-2010, 05:18 PM
The nock sets just add weight you don't need them,you can use any kind of string just tie the string around your center serving above and below your nocking point then tie your D loop above and below that

russ65034
02-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the input. What about the speed Lizards do you think they are worth having on

bfisher
02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the input. What about the speed Lizards do you think they are worth having on

Not really. You can use those brass nocksets instead. You only need two more. Two for the top and two for the bottom.

RogerSr
02-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Or you can use No Gloves, I put a set of No Gloves on one of my bows I put one of the double ones by each cam, check it out, it's raining outside here so have not checked it with my chrono, this bow is very quiet with out them but now it just whispers

polaris754
02-06-2010, 12:15 PM
dang Im courious too the store that set my bow up also put two knocks inside my d loop what gives , is it good or bad ?

bfisher
02-06-2010, 02:48 PM
dang Im courious too the store that set my bow up also put two knocks inside my d loop what gives , is it good or bad ?

Brass nock sets are a quick way of ensuring that the loop knots don't pull too close together and create nock pinch. They do the job, but are not necessarily the best idea. Most guys will tie some serving material in place of the brass nocksets to do the same thing. The brass nock sets are heavier than serving so slow the bow down. They eventully cause undo wear on nocks. Tying in with serving material or even something as simple as dental floss takes a little more time durin the initial setup but is a better option in the long run.

In defense of the store, brass nocksets so allow you to move them, and the loop during tuning procedures, thus changing the height of your nocking point. After tuning for nocking point height is when you should get rid of the brass and tie serving in. Unless you do your tuning at the same store they don't know for sure that the nocking point will remain where they first put it.

russ65034
02-07-2010, 08:19 PM
So how much serving or dental floss should I use. Just enough to keep the d-loop knots in place?