PDA

View Full Version : Slayer help???

shortarrow
02-07-2010, 09:22 AM
i am really having a problem here. maybe i have the wrong year but i have been trying to tune my Matin Slayer which i was TOLD was an '07. maybe it is an '06?
it looks like all the specs match the '07 chart(which AGAIN is unavailable on Martin's website) except the aTa is @1 INCH short. and i still can't get the full 60 pounds of draw weight out of it. it has NitrousB cams that read HL(high letoff) on them, but i don't think i am getting very high letoff either. can anyone help me? it is NOT a shoot through system. if i take all the "extra twists" out of the cables to get the aTa correct, i will only get about 51 pounds out of 45-60 pound limbs!:eek:

I AM A ROOKIE AT BOW MECHANICS

Montalaar
02-07-2010, 09:31 AM
The sticker on your limb tells you the draw weight in combination with a cam. Are you sure that the sticker say 60lbs with B-Cam?

Is it possible that you have a custom bow with other limbs than on the spec chart?

Could it be that your cams are somewhat mis-rotated?

copterdoc
02-07-2010, 09:59 AM
They put 13" limbs on some Slayers and 14" on others.

Since the string/cable charts did not change, the only thing that did change was the brace height.

copterdoc
02-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Here is the 05' Nitrous chart.

http://www.martinarchery.com/2010web/chart/2005chart/nitrous.php

Here is the 04' Nitrous chart.

http://www.martinarchery.com/2010web/chart/2004chart/nitrous.html

Both, will give you an ATA of 37.75".

copterdoc
02-07-2010, 10:11 AM
If you have 13" limbs, subtract 1" from the brace height and draw length on the chart.

The ATA is the same.

shortarrow
02-07-2010, 11:56 AM
a member over on ArcheryTalk thinks I may have got the wrong sized string for my cams. is there supposed to be a difference in length for each size cam?
my bottom limb says 45-60 pounds.

why does Martin have links to old websights but they never work?

Montalaar
02-07-2010, 12:46 PM
They work. It is just the way they have set up the new site. I have discussed that before...

Anyway. Every Cam has another string size as there is more groove for the string. This is why i'd ask you for a picture as we could see if the cams are overrotated.

shortarrow
02-07-2010, 03:32 PM
They work. It is just the way they have set up the new site. I have discussed that before...

Anyway. Every Cam has another string size as there is more groove for the string. This is why i'd ask you for a picture as we could see if the cams are overrotated.

well how do i get them to work