PDA

View Full Version : Martin Firecat TR1

oncechance
02-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Hello All,
I'm new to this forum and would like some feedback the the above mentioned bow. I will be ordering one today and would like to know what others have to say.

Thanks,

Brem
02-08-2010, 05:57 AM
oncechance,
What is the reason you are choosing the TR-1 single cam over the TR-2 duo cam? I went from a 70# cheetah single to a 60# Firecat duo and i am leaps and bounds faster with less weight. Have you shot both? Its my opinion that the smoothness of the single cam is not enough of a pro to out weigh the benefits of the speed of a duo cam. but thats just me

oncechance
02-08-2010, 06:13 AM
oncechance,
What is the reason you are choosing the TR-1 single cam over the TR-2 duo cam? I went from a 70# cheetah single to a 60# Firecat duo and i am leaps and bounds faster with less weight. Have you shot both? Its my opinion that the smoothness of the single cam is not enough of a pro to out weigh the benefits of the speed of a duo cam. but thats just me

Brem,
I currently have a single cam bow and like the smoothness of the draw. Unfortunately I am left handed and not able to shoot before I buy and have to rely on my research of products. I really like the MOAB and this bow took its place with the exception of the new cams. I like the speed, but it is not the most important factor to me. Thanks for your input.

bfisher
02-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Yes, but as Brem has found out, just like me, that dual cam doesn't feel any harder to draw than the single cam when set to a lower draw weight. To each his own, but I had a Moab and still have a FireCat. Shooting them side by side with identical setups I had to shoot 8# more draw weight with the Moab to get the same speed with same arrow as the FireCat got.

"Easy draw" is just an excuse for guys thinking they have to shoot a certain draw weight. If you can get equal performance at about 10# less draw then why draw more weight?

Brem, what say you?

Brem
02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Yes Barry I am a true convert. I "thought" i HAD to shoot a 70# bow. What I did was struggle with drawing it, was less accurate, tired out quicker in shooting sessions and had sore shoulders afterwords. oncechance stated though that speed was not an important factor. for me it was becuase of my short draw, to get higher speed and in turn more KE i needed the dually. I also know that my firecat is more efficient with the limbs cranked tight. I could not do that on a 70#er.