PDA

View Full Version : Best way to replace Firecat Limbs???

jon3200
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I have a 2008 LH Firecat that currently has 60 lb. limbs and would like to replace with 70 lb. limbs. So I was hoping to get as much feed back as possible as to what my options are, how to get a new set, how warranty works on a new set, and what should a bow shop charge to switch them out? Also was curious if limbs for a left hand bow are different from a right hand?

I thank you in advance for any help on this issue!!!!!

Thanks, JOHN

RogerSr
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I have a 2008 LH Firecat that currently has 60 lb. limbs and would like to replace with 70 lb. limbs. So I was hoping to get as much feed back as possible as to what my options are, how to get a new set, how warranty works on a new set, and what should a bow shop charge to switch them out? Also was curious if limbs for a left hand bow are different from a right hand?

I thank you in advance for any help on this issue!!!!!

Thanks, JOHN

You can look on AT for used ones, or give Martin a call for new ones, new they are about $198 and any limbs on the bow will be warrantied,
I have gotten used bows and recived warranty parts for them not a problem, and as for limbs there is no difference with left or right handed,
it is very easy to change limbs, any shop will do it.

XSpot
02-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Buy them from your dealer you want the warranty. Used is cheaper but if you have a problem down the road your out the time and the money. You cant beat the warranty. Any issues as long as you own the bow your covered.
I have learned the hard way and it cost me more imoney in the long run. I had a bow and put used heavier limbs on. and month later I had a bad nock and the arrow came off the string and dry fired and split the limbs. The used limbs cost me $120. There was no way to get them fixed. I bought new ones and no problems ever since. See if your dealer will work with you, most will.