PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the Pantera, Bengal, Cheetah and Saber

Unregistered
02-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi,

I'm a student doing a paper on how to select an archery bow. My dad is keen into archery, and not super helpful, so I'm coming to this forum to learn.

What I'd love to know is why you (if you own one of these bows) bought it over the other ones. I look at the technical specs and except for the Cheetah having a shorter ATA, they all look very similar.

So what gives?

I would really, really, really appreciate it if you could take a few moments and let me know what you think the differences are...

Thanks!!!

Kathleen

oncechance
02-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I would suggest that you post this question on Archery Talk. You will probably get more input.

Sagittarius
02-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes Kathleen, sorry but I really didn't do much comparing just read about the Bengal online and liked what people said about it ....
GOOD LUCK!!!

ranger53
02-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Well, I'll try to help a little.;) I have a saber '08 model. I guess you could say it's on the lower end as far as price goes. I really love how this bow shoots. It's very accurate and has a little heat on it(speed). I got it because I have to shoot what I can afford. When I got it, it was a package deal at BPS for $350.00. I had a '03 magnum jaguar for a while, and it was the first single-cam bow I ever owned. Martin does have a very good product. My saber holds its own against my other bows also. As a matter of fact, it's the only bow that I've never had problems with, so far. :D I've got a QT freedom rest and a pro hunter micro sight on it (slider) now. I do have 2 mission bows and a mathews. It shoots as good as they do. It's maxed out at 60lbs. I like accuracy and it gives me that. I use it for mostly 3-D shoots, but I'll hunt with it this fall. :D To me, it just proves you don't have to spend alot of money to have a really great shooting bow. I really like my saber.;)
Tommy