PDA

View Full Version : serving and cat cams

Unregistered
02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
I have a 2009 firecat and after a 100 or so shots my serving is coming off my string where it rolls over the cams. The string is completely exposed and I am worried that it will wear out fast. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks in advance.
Ken,

ezbite
02-10-2010, 11:07 PM
contact martin, theres new cams that solve the problem

thwak
02-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I did contact them and was told that nothing would help this and dont worry about it. He said that this wasnt a problem and the string would not wear out. What kind of cams or what changes were made to remedy this problem? It appears to me that the string is wearing!!

ezbite
02-12-2010, 09:08 AM
really?? that doesnt sound right, i know they have come out with new cams with different groves. id call back and talk to one of their techs. when i spoke to them, i was told to send in my cams and they'd exchange them. i ended up sanding mine down on the edges with find grit sandpaper and then buffing the hell out of them with a green dish scratcher. i fixed my own problem, so i never sent them in, but the cam exchange offer was there for sure.

XSpot
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
I bought 2, 2010 bows 1 for hunting and 1 for target. I had some real sharp edges on my modules and on the grove were the peg that holds the control cabel on the cam. It cut a few strands on the control cabel and also on the serving on the control cabel. I was very diapointed with the machine work. I filed the modules and the peg grove on the cam then used a red 3m pad to make them smooth. It was not hard to do but took alot of time. I painted them with flat black paint. I called my dealer and told him what had happened and he said he had a bunch a bows on order and he would look at the mods and cams before he sends the customer out the door. He gave me two new sets of strings for free.