PDA

View Full Version : new 2010 Firecat w/cat2 cams

frankensteel
02-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I am seriously considering this bow, and have been watching this and other forums for some positive information regarding the effectiveness of the new cat2 cams and redesigned limbs with regard to eliminating cam lean (limb twist).
In addition, while trying to sort this out, up pops a post about someone's serving being cut up by "sharp edged cams" on a new Firecat. I remember reading about this issue some time ago. Why would it pop up again? And why would a Martin technician tell the person experiencing this that it's "OK" ???
Very Honestly, I do not have a comfort level high enough to pull the trigger on the new Firecat.
It's too bad- the bow seem the perfect length, weight, and speed. I'm dying to try one, but I'm going to wait until I see some objective information and really positive feedback.
Not sure I should post this,but here goes,,,

JohnnyThunder
02-14-2010, 12:36 PM
yeah I see your point, but if it makes you feel any better I really love mine and it hasn't cut anything or had any of those problems

Spiker
02-15-2010, 05:43 AM
My '09 Firecat has never had any problems either.

frankensteel
02-17-2010, 06:47 PM
It's the right length, the right speed, the right weight....
It's seems like the right bow.
I'll probably get one.
Going to call it the "right" bow - like the "right" whale.
Just wish some very experienced 2010 Firecat owner would post some first hand info about this bow.

twooldridge
02-18-2010, 08:00 AM
I have mine on order. 2010 Firecat black with camo limbs. Should be at the shop anyday now. I cant wait!:D

smokinarrow
02-18-2010, 11:07 AM
I have an 08' Firecat and have not had any issues either. I don't know if there are enough 2010's out being used yet to have any feedback. Hopefully someone will chime in.