PDA

View Full Version : String alignment

bowhunterJB
02-15-2010, 05:43 AM
I just got a 2010 cheetah and I have a concern with the way the string is aligned on the top wheel. It just doesnt look like it should be off to the right side like it is. Also I've noticed some string wear already and I've read that the stock strings arent that good. I'm just wondering if there is something I can do to align the string up so it doesnt chew up my string. I would just have the string served but it doesnt seem like that will help much either.
Any help on this issue would be helpful.

treadwayc
02-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Not sure of the problem, but the stock strings in general are not very good. Serving the string by the top idler wheel may help. I have less than 100 shots on mine and and seeing serving separation.

brushrat
02-15-2010, 09:23 AM
I just got a 2010 cheetah and I have a concern with the way the string is aligned on the top wheel. It just doesnt look like it should be off to the right side like it is. Also I've noticed some string wear already and I've read that the stock strings arent that good. I'm just wondering if there is something I can do to align the string up so it doesnt chew up my string. I would just have the string served but it doesnt seem like that will help much either.
Any help on this issue would be helpful.

any way to post pictures? that would help to diagnose your concern.:)

Spiker
02-15-2010, 02:08 PM
First you should check to make sure that the idler (top) is not leaning.
Just hold an arrow flat against it and look to see if it runs parallel to the string.
If it is off you can twist one side of the yoke to straighten it up.
Do this at rest and at full draw if you can.
If not maybe taking it in to a good shop would be your best bet.

bowhunterJB
02-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks guys I would post some pics but my camera just broke a couple of days ago. So I can just twist the string to get the idler wheel straight? Do I go clock wise or counter clock wise?

elkslayer4x5
02-16-2010, 08:40 AM
It seems to me that with short AtA bows that the idler and cam should lean towards the cable slide slightly, the cable is being drawn towards the slide pretty severly, causing the cable to slip off of the idler and chew them up. All that being said, as you can see in my siginature, I prefer shoot-thrus.

bowhunterJB
02-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Well I cant really tell if my ilder wheel is leaning or not so off to the martin dealer it goes. Hopefully I can get this fixed I dont understand why this is like it is it's a brand new bow. I would think martin would have all of this worked out to where you dont have to take it to a bow shop to fix it as soon as you get it. Is there anyone else that has this problem on a 2010 cheetah?