PDA

View Full Version : i may not even be able to use a CCS

brushrat
02-19-2010, 09:35 AM
I have a 45-60lb bengal with the cable rod. I was thinking about getting a CCS . The problem is, i have adjusted it down aprox 5 turns, because 45# is better for my "gimpy" shoulder. Iv'e heard with a CCs it adds 5lbs of draw weight so i would have to loosen my limb bolts another couple of turns to maintain the 45lbs. That puts it over the 5 turns max . Has anybody ran into this before? Any help would be appreciated. thanks:)

treadwayc
02-19-2010, 09:39 AM
All you need to do is get 1/2 longer split cable and the draw weight will stay the same. I put a css on my bengal and ordered a 1/2 longer cable for that reason. I shoot 70, but didn't want the extra draw weight to over stress my limbs. I spoke to Martin and they advised the 1/2 longer cable.

alex
02-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Why do you want a CCS then? :confused:

drevilmike77
02-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Makes the bow pull and shoot smoother

Montalaar
02-20-2010, 07:32 AM
And changes draw weight (as mentioned) and draw length.

brushrat
02-20-2010, 09:52 AM
didn't realize it changes draw length too. I got my draw length "dialed" in just perfect. Maybe i need to re-think this?

Latley i've been seeing some being sold on e-bay for around $25 and thought i might just buy one to bring my bengal into the 21st century. I'm constantly looking for ways to improve.

I couldn't imagine a bow that shoots any "smoother" as a bengal at 48# with an Mpro cam, but "quieter" is always a plus for a hunting bow.

Are there any other noticeable differances to switch to a CCS vs a cable guard. Examples....any easier on the string, less cam lean, less lateral grip torque...definate improvement on noise, that sort of thing? thanks. :)

Dave308
02-20-2010, 11:50 AM
didn't realize it changes draw length too. I got my draw length "dialed" in just perfect. Maybe i need to re-think this?

Latley i've been seeing some being sold on e-bay for around $25 and thought i might just buy one to bring my bengal into the 21st century. I'm constantly looking for ways to improve.

I couldn't imagine a bow that shoots any "smoother" as a bengal at 48# with an Mpro cam, but "quieter" is always a plus for a hunting bow.

Are there any other noticeable differances to switch to a CCS vs a cable guard. Examples....any easier on the string, less cam lean, less lateral grip torque...definate improvement on noise, that sort of thing? thanks. :)

Nope, just cost more for new strings.

Sagittarius
02-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I changed mine becuase I needed to change my strings anyway.. Unfortunately I didn't tell the pro shop till after the made the new cables that I had one to add to it.... It made about a 5# diff and I didn't see any diff in draw length ???? It does feel smoother and sound better ... IMO if you need to change the cables put it on, if not wait till you do...

treadwayc
02-20-2010, 01:42 PM
And changes draw weight (as mentioned) and draw length.

I was not aware that it changed the draw length. It didn't change the draw lenght on mine.

Montalaar
02-20-2010, 02:26 PM
If you lengthen the cable while switching from cable slide to roller guard you will not gain draw length. If you do nto change the cable length you will have the same effect like twisting the cable.

BUT:

I forgot that you all shoot a Singlecam. In this case you will have also to lengthen the string to maintain the same ratio. In this case there is no difference in draw length (also if you change nothing at all as the string is pulled back also and shortened so there will be no difference... Hard to explain for me...)

brushrat
02-20-2010, 05:29 PM
thanks for everyones help. I just got a new string and don't want to change it out yet by getting a longer cable....so i think i'll just leave well enough alone for now. As was stated earlier i might consider it when i buy another string , maybe by then i'll have a more solid opinion on if it's a "must have" or not. Thanks again:)

RLW
02-22-2010, 06:58 AM
All you need to do is get 1/2 longer split cable and the draw weight will stay the same. I put a css on my bengal and ordered a 1/2 longer cable for that reason.........I spoke to Martin and they advised the 1/2 longer cable.

Cabela's version of the Bengal that I bought last fall, (& apparently now only available in their Bargain Cave?) came w/CSS & STS, also has 1/2" longer cable.
(basically the Moab cable)

If someone adds the CSS at same time as longer cable, there shouldn't be any change in draw weight/draw length.

I guess in theory, the CSS would/should make the cable move smoother/freer than a cable slide (maybe less cable wear?) but I can't see it being that noticable......unless the slide gets dirty and starts binding...but then the wheels on CSS could get dust/dirt in them too???

Sagittarius
02-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey brushrat if I ever find my cable gaurd I'll try to give you an idea how much diff there is in the noise between them.... Hopefully that will help you decide on which option to go too or stick with ?????

brushrat
02-24-2010, 06:57 PM
it would really have to be a very night/day differance for me to switch at this point. It sounds like too many changes need to be made that would effect my tuning. I'll live with my cable guard system for now. thanks:)

Jake-the-snake
02-25-2010, 11:21 AM
do u have the 08 or 09 bengal? if its 08 u wont be able to get the CCS anyways

brushrat
02-25-2010, 03:03 PM
its the 09 and has the cut-a-way for it. Thanks:)