PDA

View Full Version : 2009 cheetah M-Pro help

shawnkfl
02-22-2010, 02:01 PM
my bow was otdered set-up from hunters friend. all i really had to do was fine tune it a bit. shoots great and had been proven in the field with two deer so far. i love this bow! the only thing that bothers me is the noise. how can i quiet this beast down? it has bow jax string silencers and i have installed a STS on it. it still has a lot of string noise. i'm set up with a 26" draw and 70# if that matters, shooting .400 spine goldtips with 100gr points. it hits like a truck but i really want to lose the string noise. :confused:

ezbite
02-23-2010, 07:51 AM
how close is the sts? is it tight? is everything tight?

bfisher
02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
The most common problem causing excess vibration and/or noise is the cam being over rotated. Adding about 10 twists to the string and/or removing some twists from the cables might make the bow sound better. It'll make the draw length a little shorter and drop the draw weight a little, but might help with the noise problem.

shawnkfl
02-24-2010, 01:46 PM
everything is tight on the bow. i have the STS about 1/16" away from the string now. i've had it touching and farther away. still is noisy. the cam is correct going by the manual.