PDA

View Full Version : martin bengal 2010 string serving

slyfoxx
02-24-2010, 04:42 PM
i just purchased a 2010 bengal mag LH 27.5 draw the bow shop pointed out to me that the string serving was too low that it needed to be served higher on the string.Is this uncommon,is there a problem with how the string was served? I just want my bow to be corrrect before i use it. thanks for any help,slyfoxx::confused:

brushrat
02-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Where is it served too short at? Around the cam? idler? where the "d" loop goes ? where the STS goes? at the CCs? :confused:

slyfoxx
02-27-2010, 10:50 AM
it is low where the d-loop is the serving is about an inch and a half above that point then no more serving ,it is served below the d-loop much further down the string.kind like the string is up side down.

treadwayc
02-27-2010, 11:42 AM
That is the way it is supposed to be. Mine is the same on my bengal. No need for serving above the D Loop. The serving below is so if you put a SST on it it will not fray your string. You don't want to much serving it will slow your string down.

bfisher
02-27-2010, 01:03 PM
1 1/2" above the loop is fairly normal. In fact, you could shorten the serving below the loop to the same measurement. The have about 2" of serving where the string contacts the STS rubber. Anything more is not necessary.

brushrat
02-27-2010, 03:47 PM
yes, my serving on my bengal only went about 1 1/4" above my "D" loop location and I had a hard time keeping my "kisser" button to stay put. It ended up being part on the strands and part on the serving. After a while i got tired of constantly adjusting it and took it off. Have not used a "kisser" from that day and found out i don't need it. :)