PDA

View Full Version : New Pantera is in!

drm11900
02-28-2010, 07:06 AM
I got the call that my new Pantera came in so I went down and got it all set up with Spot Hogg 5 pin sights, Rip Cord code red rest, LS S-coil stab, G-5 3/16 peep and a sling. It's a #60 bow I'm a 30-1/2" DL.

So I love the bow and got it tuned in really fast, I'm getting good groups @ 20 yards. It just feels great to shoot! I'm really excited!

Now with all that said I do have a few questions.

1st) The limbs are cranked all the way down and I'm getting #57lbs. I was hoping for up to #62lbs so will #5lbs really make any difference in speed? If so how can I get more pounds from this bow? I've read before in here about putting twist in the string and letting twist out of the cable or vise versa. In your opinion does it really matter for hunting? Is it even worth messing with?

2nd) The wall is solid! This is good but new to me. This bow has 80% let off and I can really feel it. At full draw it's like holding nothing. However it seems as though I'm putting more pressure against the wall. I guess I feel like I'm pulling against it. With my OLD bow there was no wall at full draw and I felt....well more relaxed at full draw. New bow full draw my left elbow is slightly bent and the string is just touching my nose. I think it's set right. Should a bow with a draw stop feel like your pulling against the stop at full draw? Should I be getting a more relaxed feel?

Sorry for the long read.

treadwayc
02-28-2010, 07:18 AM
I expereiced the same with the draw weight on my 09 bengal right out of the box. Contacted Martin and they said to just add a few twists to the cable. Secondly, you simply need to adjust the draw stop and that will take care of it.

drm11900
03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
I expereiced the same with the draw weight on my 09 bengal right out of the box. Contacted Martin and they said to just add a few twists to the cable. Secondly, you simply need to adjust the draw stop and that will take care of it.

I added 4 twist in the cable and only gained 1/2lb so I'm gonna live with #57-3/4. I did move the draw stop and it feels a lot better.