PDA

View Full Version : 08 Scepter 4 question

Unregistered
03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
I am looking at a used 08 S4 Mag. I noticed on the 08 spec sheet there is a "Small" and "Large" version. The only spec difference I see is the string length is 55" instead of 50.5". The label on the bow says string 50.5 and cable 39.25. He has the "L" mods installed and is set to position 3 and he says his draw is 28". I need 30" DL. Will this bow get there without getting other mods? Is there any way to tell if it is the large or the small version. What exactly is the difference anyways.

He measured the limbs and they are 14" overall all or 13.5" end to center of axle. Either he isn't really at 28" or something isn't lining up with the spec sheets. An L mod on position 3 should be 27" with the 50.5" sting length correct?

scepterman30x
03-02-2010, 04:23 AM
I am looking at a used 08 S4 Mag. I noticed on the 08 spec sheet there is a "Small" and "Large" version. The only spec difference I see is the string length is 55" instead of 50.5". The label on the bow says string 50.5 and cable 39.25. He has the "L" mods installed and is set to position 3 and he says his draw is 28". I need 30" DL. Will this bow get there without getting other mods? Is there any way to tell if it is the large or the small version. What exactly is the difference anyways.

He measured the limbs and they are 14" overall all or 13.5" end to center of axle. Either he isn't really at 28" or something isn't lining up with the spec sheets. An L mod on position 3 should be 27" with the 50.5" sting length correct?

Read the #3 post on this forum at this post "Stats for Scepterman30X's Shadowcat w/ cams?"

Small and large refer to the cam size in this case. If your string is 50.5" you have the small cam w/ the large mod and to go longer you would have to go to the larger cam which opens problems w/ draw weight (lighter). But to answer your question the bow may actually be about 29" in the #3 position and you should get 30"easily in the logest setting if I remember corectly. The only way to know for sure is see what the "actual" setting is at now and then add 1/2" for each additional hole spacing. You'll know for sure then.

dparadowski
03-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Are the cams themselves marked in any way? How can I tell if they are large or small ones.

scepterman30x
03-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Are the cams themselves marked in any way? How can I tell if they are large or small ones.

I think...if I remember correctly anyone else chime in if I am wrong that the larger ones say "XL FURIOUS" and the smaller ones just say "FURIOUS".