PDA

View Full Version : arrow speed question

Ehunter
03-02-2010, 05:37 AM
From several of the posts I have read, people seem to be getting a much higher arrow speed than I am. I'm shooting 28 1/2 inches, 70# draw on an '09 Firecat with the Cat Duo cam system. Victory Nano Force V1 arrows 7.6 gpi. 100 gr. heads, 2.5 in. Quickspin vanes. Total arrow weight is at 363 grains. Drop away rest, D-loop, Limbsaver string leeches, peep without tubing. I'm only hitting around 287 fps on my chrony. Any ideas?

Brem
03-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Ehunter,
Something is definatly wrong. With that setup you should be in the 315-320fps range. I would check ATA, BH and tiller first. should be 32 1/4 and 7 with even tiller. Then put it on a bow scale to ensure your poundage is correct. next i would move to wrapping the cams. recheck all of the above after each adjustment. Go to Acherytalk.com and search for the posts on CAT cam tuning, it is a must read. It took me a few times to get mine to a sweet spot but once I did it was spot on IBO for my setup(see my signature)

Ehunter
03-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Brem, thanks for the reply. Greatly appreciated. My ATA is 32 3/4. BH is 6 3/4the tiller is 9 1/4 on top 9 1/8 bottom. I had a Martin rep help with the initial set-up (hands on). Only thing I have changed since then was adding 1/2 in draw, and bottoming out the limb bolts to get full draw weight. Any particular posts on Archerytalk that I should be looking for? Thanks again!

Brem
03-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Ehunter,
The off ATA is a big robber of speed. You need to to twist both cables up until it comes into spec you might also have to untwist the string if the BH goes to high after the cables are twisted.The thread is called Martin Cat Cam-Optimum Settings-Advice-Questions started by gjstudt.

RogerSr
03-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Your ATA is to long! and that is making your BH to low, and bring your draw weight down, you need to put some twist in your cables to bring it to specs.

Ehunter
03-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Brem, Roger, just wanted to thank both of you guys for the help. I'm new to the Martin Forums, and am more than pleased to see that there are guys like you two on here to help! Once again, thanks so much. If ya ever want to hunt Kansas whitetails, drop me a line, I'll do what I can to help you get set-up!