PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Pantera draw weight to light

drm11900
03-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I got my new #60 Pantera and the most I can get with the limbs cranked all the way down is #57.

I called Martin, talked to Joel and he said to twist the cable up till I got to the desired weight. I asked about the string, he said to leave it alone and to not worry about the Brace Height either.

I know that Joel is very respected but do you all think this is reasonable?

I contemplated on a #70 bow but after a lot of forum reading I went with #60 thinking it would produce possibly #62 of draw weight.

Any suggestions?

BTW I love the bow! :D

oncechance
03-04-2010, 09:45 AM
I too purchased a new Firecat TR1 with 60lb limbs. Cranked all the way down it is 60lbs. The pro shop and Martins stated that a couple of twists of the cable will yield a few more pounds. I'm going to have my pro shop do this so I will have a few more pounds if I need it. Glad you like your Pantera, that was my second choice for a new bow. They are pretty much the same bow.

bfisher
03-04-2010, 10:17 AM
I too purchased a new Firecat TR1 with 60lb limbs. Cranked all the way down it is 60lbs. The pro shop and Martins stated that a couple of twists of the cable will yield a few more pounds. I'm going to have my pro shop do this so I will have a few more pounds if I need it. Glad you like your Pantera, that was my second choice for a new bow. They are pretty much the same bow.

Ah yes, but the FireCat has the Dakota strings.

treadwayc
03-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I got my new #60 Pantera and the most I can get with the limbs cranked all the way down is #57.

I called Martin, talked to Joel and he said to twist the cable up till I got to the desired weight. I asked about the string, he said to leave it alone and to not worry about the Brace Height either.

I know that Joel is very respected but do you all think this is reasonable?

I contemplated on a #70 bow but after a lot of forum reading I went with #60 thinking it would produce possibly #62 of draw weight.

Any suggestions?

BTW I love the bow! :D

Same thing happened to me when I bought my 09 bengal with 70 lb. limbs. Cranked all the way down I only got 64 lbs. Called and Joel told me the same thing. I do not like the strings and cables. I twisted the cable and got to 70 lbs. I have ordered new aftermarket strings, but they haven't arrived yet.

oncechance
03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Ah yes, but the FireCat has the Dakota strings.
Not this year, they (Firecat TR1) come with factory stock strings. :mad: It states in their literature but when I emailed Martins, they said it comes with factory strings not Dakota. The Firecat TR2 comes with Dakota strings though.

drm11900
03-04-2010, 01:16 PM
OK I'm gonna twist up the cable as far as I can to get #60 before I order new cables. I'll do that tonight and see how it feels.

I kinda wish I went with the #70 and set it back to #65.

Anybody know what the string length should be?

Pa. Shooter
03-04-2010, 06:13 PM
String length and cable length should be on your limb sticker.
As far as twisting up the cable, it should only take you 2 to 4 turns at the most. I have done it on my Moab, Cheetha, and a Rytera Aliex X.
Whats so nice about the Martin/Rteras...you don't need a bowpress to do all your work !!!! Take care:)