PDA

View Full Version : Ccs

J758
03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I have been thinking bout putting one one my bonehunter it's just like the cheetah I think it's got a 31.5 inch string would I need to put a new string on it I know I'll need to tune my cams again I kinda hate to do this though cause it shoots so nice right now and really how much of a difference would it make

bfisher
03-04-2010, 05:32 PM
First you have to have a slot machined on the side of the riser. Does your bow have such a slot? Secondly, you can use the same string, but you'll need a new cable 1/2" longer than the present one.

Third, you won't notice any change in how the bow shoots so save your money.

tommyhydro
03-05-2010, 04:06 AM
if it is a 2k9 bonehunter then you will not need to machine a slot in the riser, just undo the bolts for the cable rod and attach the ccs where the cable rod block was. you don't have to replace your string/cable, but if you don't it will up your draw weight approx. 5lbs, or you can go to 1/2" longer cable to maintain your draw weight. but in my opinion, i wouldn't do it, i have heard a lot of ppl having problems with cable wear after they have the ccs installed, or if it came installed stock. if your bow is shooting good without it i wouldn't try to fix it......bc it aint broke. hope this helps ya :D